Dragicevic | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Dragicevic

damnfine

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Dec 18, 2002
Could anyone who has seen training this pre season comment on how Draggas pace and mobility looks??
Hard to believe he wouldn't have lost some pace after two knee recos but hopefully not too much..

Damnfine,

I have watched training once and I thought Dragga looked stronger across the upper body but had trimmed down around the calfs. Which I thought was a good thing considering he had so much trouble with "shin splints" before his knee problems ;)

I agree with Redford, he was a dud with good knees. If he gets a regular game we have problems.

Pull up both of you :mad:, before Dragga did his knees, he was a promising young fella who played most weeks and kicked a few goals. Good courage, above average skills, pretty good speed. Knew how to get the ball.

Dragga is a good player who given some time to get himself back into the swing of things, could be another midfield option.

As far as how he looks, at the intra club where he was running the boundry, he looked to have really filled out in the upper body, and generally looked pretty fit, but 2 years of now real competitive footy will see him a long way behind for a least 4-5 rds.

Go Dragga

Dragga makes his mark first-up . . .
Tony Greenberg
richmondfc.com.au
3:45:03 PM Mon 3 March, 2003

Talented young Richmond utility Marc Dragicevic took a significant step on his comeback trail from a second knee reconstruction when he played half a practice match for the Coburg Tigers last weekend.

Dragicevic, who tore the anterior cruciate ligament in his left knee during last year's Wizard Cup campaign and missed the entire 2002 premiership season, lined up for Coburg in a trial game against Port Melbourne at Port on Saturday, and emerged unscathed after two quarters of football.

"All the reports have been really good about how Marc went," said Richmond's Football Manager Greg Hutchison.

"I didn't see the game because I was away with the team in Geraldton, but the feedback was that he won his own ball and performed really well.

"Apparently the conditions were pretty ordinary -- it was wet and slippery, but Mark got through it and he was very happy with the way he went. He got about a dozen touches in a half, which is good."

The plan now is for Dragicevic to get more game time when he saddles up for the Coburg Tigers in a practice match against the Box Hill Hawks at Whitten Oval this Saturday.

"Hopefully, he'll play almost a full game for Coburg this week," Hutchison said.

"We're not exactly sure yet, it just depends on how his body is. But that's been the aim -- to try and get him through some VFL games before we consider him for the AFL."