Draft Picks - Clarification Wanted | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Draft Picks - Clarification Wanted

poppa x

Tiger Legend
May 28, 2004
Mt Waverley
I know we get Pick 4 in the National Shaft Draft,
But does anyone know what we get in the end of year Pre-Season Draft?
Is it also pick 4 - assuming we finish bottom.
Or is it Pick 1?

Whoever finishes last will get pick 1 in the PSD.

GC have two concessions which will allow them to bypass the PSD for any players that they want.

1. They have the ability to sign up to one uncontracted player from each club (up to 16 players) over the first two years.
2. They can sign up to ten players who have previously been on AFL lists or have nominated for the ND in a previous year.

The second concession above doesn't sound like much but it will derail every club this year, esp those looking for big-bodied players late in thedraft or in the PSD and Rookie Draft.

If they had this concession last year they could have signed up any ten of the following players and taken them out of all drafts: Luke Ball, Trent Dennis-Lane, Lewis Jetta, Rhan Hooper, Jesse Smith, Lucas Markovic, Adam Pattison, Ben Nason, Jeromey Webberly, Simon Buckley, Matt Maguire, Michael Barlow, Alex Silvagni, Brodie Moles, Kayler-Thompson, Ben Howlett, Relton Roberts, Cameron Cloke and Podsiadly amongst others. Any ten!

That is correct....
GC17 are in a very good position Post Season as they can basically sign up anyone (only one player per club) willing to go to the GC that are not contracted....

It's also not a bad position for Richmond though as we have PSD pick 1 (assuming we finish last) therefore we can come to terms with a out of contract player and ask them to only nom. for the PSD....

Teckor said:
That is correct....
GC17 are in a very good position Post Season as they can basically sign up anyone (only one player per club) willing to go to the GC that are not contracted....

It's also not a bad position for Richmond though as we have PSD pick 1 (assuming we finish last) therefore we can come to terms with a out of contract player and ask them to only nom. for the PSD....

I agree, it sounds not too bad a situation for us.

The only problem is convincing any player of quality to join us right now. But thats another problem I guess.

Pretty sure all uncontracted players have to agree to sign with GC17 though, it's not like they get the first 16 picks in the PSD and players get no choice.