Diocletian | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Diocletian

I was guessing a Greek philospher, but google says he was a Roman Emporer.
Maybe the modern day version will be our next CEO, he sounds ruthless, but productive:
Diocletian (ca. 245-311 CE) was a Roman Emperor whose government and economic reforms helped Rome recover from the Crisis of the Third Century.

in 303 Diocletian began the last major persecution of Christians in the Roman Empire, resulting in the destruction of churches and the torture and execution of Christians who refused to sacrifice to the Roman gods.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
I thought it sounded like Trump's covid cure, just inject diocletian into the blood stream twice daily for complete covid cover.

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
Considering the OP’s name I’ll enjoy a Lynchian thread

Reactions: 1 user
in 303 Diocletian began the last major persecution of Christians in the Roman Empire, resulting in the destruction of churches and the torture and execution of Christians who refused to sacrifice to the Roman gods.
Ooohh. One of them my gods are better than your god types. Pity that the world is still so full of this type of person.

Is Diocletian a worthy pick 1?
What were the results of his combine testing?

Best thread since "Alan Jeans: consequentialist or Stoic?"

BTW I remember about 96 at the Western Oval, Fitzroy players had taken the field and were warming up when some wag called out "The Lions are here; bring on the Christians." I'm pretty sure it was Diocletian. Fitzroy man. Hated neck beards, they say.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 8 users
Between this and the It’s Time thread, I’m totally *smile* confused.

Reactions: 1 users
Best thread since "Alan Jeans: consequentialist or Stoic?"

BTW I remember about 96 at the Western Oval, Fitzroy players had taken the field and were warming up when some wag called out "The Lions are here; bring on the Christians." I'm pretty sure it was Diocletian. Fitzroy man. Hated neck beards, they say.
I was at that game. Richo kicked a bag. 8?

But aren’t neckbeards an essential part of a Fitzroy uniform these days?