Definition of insanity.... | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Definition of insanity....

toby64

Tiger Champion
Mar 17, 2014
...playing the same defective players 3 finals series in a row and expecting a different result.

This club has a big problem. We have players good enough to rack up wins in home and away games to get us to September. These same players then are found wanting when finals pressure is applied.

Mid table finishes mean mid range draft picks. So we arent going to add significant talent to the list by just going to the draft.

We need to take a step or two back in order to move forward. Otherwise we will remain in no mans land. Be bold and trade. Get aggressive. Play some of the kids rather than the tried and faileds. Take a short term hit for long term gain if needs be.

This group wont win a flag....hell they cant even win a final.

I love mt team. They tease us and let us down, but I'll be there next year. The hurt is starting to diminish already.

OK. Today was a bad day. The sun will rise tomorrow.

definition of insanity: repeating the same action again and again (eg posting on PRE) and expecting to get a different result (eg onfield result).

toby64 said:
...playing the same defective players 3 finals series in a row and expecting a different result.

This club has a big problem. We have players good enough to rack up wins in home and away games to get us to September. These same players then are found wanting when finals pressure is applied.

Mid table finishes mean mid range draft picks. So we arent going to add significant talent to the list by just going to the draft.

We need to take a step or two back in order to move forward. Otherwise we will remain in no mans land. Be bold and trade. Get aggressive. Play some of the kids rather than the tried and faileds. Take a short term hit for long term gain if needs be.

This group wont win a flag....hell they cant even win a final.
Allegedly we have been doing that for the last five years and still have not made significant strides forwards. With tthe retirements and freeing up some salary space maybe we can attrct the talent we are lacking to take us forward.

Quickdraw said:
I love mt team. They tease us and let us down, but I'll be there next year. The hurt is starting to diminish already.

OK. Today was a bad day. The sun will rise tomorrow.

I used to be happier being a supporter when we were crap. The hubris and arrogance and need to criticise others is depressing to me. Life's too short to be so hateful. Tigers forever.

rosy23 said:
I used to be happier being a supporter when we were crap. The hubris and arrogance and need to criticise others is depressing to me. Life's too short to be so hateful. Tigers forever.
Amen