Defensive effort | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Defensive effort

CK

Tiger Rookie
Apr 3, 2009
Listening to the game on Saturday, I feel that I have to give a HUGE thumbs up to our defence. They get criticised a lot of the time (sometimes justifiably) but on Saturday particularly in the third quarter they were fantastic. Port had a whopping 20 inside 50s for the quarter & only scored 1.6 - of course the conditions helped but regardless I think it was a great effort.

CK said:
Listening to the game on Saturday, I feel that I have to give a HUGE thumbs up to our defence. They get criticised a lot of the time (sometimes justifiably) but on Saturday particularly in the third quarter they were fantastic. Port had a whopping 20 inside 50s for the quarter & only scored 1.6 - of course the conditions helped but regardless I think it was a great effort.

The conditions only helped in that they demanded a different style of play. The pleasing thing to see was our backline not panic in those conditions and give up anything easily.

They played great wet weather footy, and we won because of it.

They must have done well. Its the first time all season I haven't heard people demanding Gourdis get promoted to the firsts despite being on the Rookie list.