Congratulations D-Rod | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Congratulations D-Rod

Indeed, last week was the return game but as Brett said well done David, a nice guy who after 2 recos deserves a break.

Yeah great to see!! Remeber chatting to him a few years back at a Tigers doa dn couldnt meet a nicer guy!!

And without being a superstar, can play the game as he has shown at Port!! Another great decision by Wallace and Co to let him go!!!

Well done indeed to David. Also well done to have the LARS surgery. As I've said previously my son had the surgery and was basically up and about in weeks.

He had booked a gold coast holiday in January with mates. Despondent when he did the knee. Operated early December - didn't miss the trip . Ready to play sport again after 10 or so weeks.

The knee is actually instantly repaired with the artificial ligament, the recovery period is post op recovery (had swelling issues for over a month) , physio and the healing of the knee and the augmentation process where the original ligament grows or scars over the artificial ligament.

Intuitively this seems so much better than traditional methods . The Operation is key hole, much less trauma, no second operation to harvest a patella or hamstring tendon (with the additional problems they bring - see Cogs), quicker recovery and the original tendon is actually retained and hopefully as it regrows over the synthetic ligament functions again.

I'm thinking that if this was freely available in Cogs day, he might have not have lost those three years of footy.

RFCTiger said:
Yeah great to see!! Remeber chatting to him a few years back at a Tigers doa dn couldnt meet a nicer guy!!

And without being a superstar, can play the game as he has shown at Port!! Another great decision by Wallace and Co to let him go!!!

Yeah I'm still dirty on Wallets for letting him go (and for no reward to us at all) - what a wanker!
I too met him at a Tigers do and my daughter used to wear the no.18 proudly on her back. Any idiot could see that he could play (except the biggest of all idiots Wallets) - you don't win two morrish medals if you can't play. Just once again our inability to develop young talent - and Wallets inability to do anything resembling coaching!

lamb22 said:
I'm thinking that if this was freely available in Cogs day, he might have not have lost those three years of footy.
I think that it still depends on how the rupture occurs which determines if they can use this method or not.

As for those knocking the club for letting him go, it was the right decision at the time. He's been flashy but not that great at Port. Last night was clearly his best match, probably in his career, I hope he can keep it up, but have no regrets over letting him go.

houdini said:
d rod and sarge got port over the line against the saints

Drod got the hard ball, run and carried pretty well last night whilst sarge was just sarge - nothing to write home about what so ever.

ZeroGame said:
I think that it still depends on how the rupture occurs which determines if they can use this method or not.

As for those knocking the club for letting him go, it was the right decision at the time. He's been flashy but not that great at Port. Last night was clearly his best match, probably in his career, I hope he can keep it up, but have no regrets over letting him go.

It was never the right decision - Wallets got this one wrong. He was given limited time on the field the year he came back from his first reco. and was only ever played off the bench at 5 mins. bursts. Wallets showed no confidence in him and we got very little from him in return. Development was non-existent and IMHO it wasa huge mistake. He has been very consistent for Port and if he was given similar opportunities at Richmond who knows what he could've become. Huge Rodan fan and am so pleased to see him back playing how I always knew he could.

Sorry, but Rodan was lucky to still be on the list when Wallace arrived
Delisting him was the right move, I don't care what anyone says
Rodan pops up every now and again with the odd good game and flashy goal, but he's not a player that would be doing us any good right now. Richmond supporters only seem to see the highlights and ignore his crap or below par games.
He hasn't been that good, just another player really

Not taking anything away from his BOG last night, he was very good

letting Rodan go was no big deal given our situation. don't need a 26-27 year old midfielder with a dodgy knee on our list.

cmontiges said:
letting Rodan go was no big deal given our situation. don't need a 26-27 year old midfielder with a dodgy knee on our list.

Agree...good luck to him.

RFCTiger said:

How long do you keep a guy because he's a great bloke? Last player drafted, 14 other clubs thought like us - finished or not worth the risk. Agree with ZeroGame that he's been handy at Port but nothing more. Port deserve credit for taking him, as does Rodan who has shown plenty of character.

ZeroGame said:
Sorry, but Rodan was lucky to still be on the list when Wallace arrived
Delisting him was the right move, I don't care what anyone says

Agree & even Rodan admitted the same & also went further stating he was lazy & no interest from ny other club but Port.

He struggled but got through their fitness test. Kick up the backside the delisting & a good reality check to get his career back on track