Confidence | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Confidence

Bennnny

Punt Road End. The best place to watch The Tiges.
Mar 29, 2005
Melbourne
www.indieinitiative.com
I believe that todays game and the last couple of weeks are a turning point.
The players can play, all they need is belief.

You don't get to play AFL without the requisite skills. The difference is in the above the shoulders stuff.

Richmond has mostly had poor management for the last 20 years, and this poor managment has infected the culture at Richmond.

The recruitment of Brendan Gale and Damien Hardwick as well as the recruiting staff is starting to pay off.
Also the retirement of the older players has allowed the younger players to get a role.

The players are now getting the confidence in each other and they have a say.

Clubs with good management do better.

Richmond is starting to look like a club with confidence.

For years now, the RFC, needed just 1 pure egotist dropped into our cot-case teams.
For years we had blokes who let other teams force us into believing we were worthless and below them.
For years we were timid mice, and this became a self fulfilling prophecy that kept us 2nd rate.
For years we cried out for a player with the self belief of a Wayne Carey, a Dermot Brereton.
The type of player that knew he was good and you couldn't deflate that opinion of himself no matter what you did or said.
A player who's blind belief in himself would make all others walk taller.
A player who would make the average player lift another notch and come out of their shells.

Jack Riewoldt is the first piece in a more brave, prouder playing standard at the RFC.

Yes, we need more of these types of players with true self belief and unwavering skills, but the first piece in the puzzle allows the already pre-existing wallflowers in our current Senior side to lift that all important mental notch.
Confidence will flow like a virus everyone WANTS to catch.
And yes, it's alright to play with freedom, creativity and brashness. That's how teams win flags.

Confidence is a rare commodity to have as a constant unwavering resource....and Jack Riewoldt has it by the bucketloads. Now we need to draft more players with this mind-set.
(Dusty might just be the 2nd piece!).

No more head-cases at the RFC please....or those that need persuasion, mind-manipulation, tucking into bed, sweet nothings, softly softly guidance, psychologists or even hypnotists.
If you don't have the swagger WE DEMAND when you walk into this club in 2011......turn around and walk out!!

We've had 3 decades of blokes afraid of their own shadows.
As a supporter, I'm over it....and I hope Jack's over it.