Central Conference Teams - Richmond Perspective | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Central Conference Teams - Richmond Perspective

tommystigers

Demetriou, McLachlan, Dillon. Just why?
Oct 6, 2004
Just did the survey over on the "site that shall not be named" regarding the 18 team comp ideas.
Under the three conference idea being proposed, Richmond finds itself in the Central Conference along with Collingwood, Carlton, Essendon Brisbane, and GC. Now I know that Vlad has probably already set the format in concrete and has no intention of paying any attention to the punters but I can dream that this could possibly happen. The former Big 4 playing each other twice in a seasion is an exciting prospect and then to have two games in QLD that i could attend would be an absolute bonus and a financial one for the club as well.

Just had a look at that proposal.
As a Richmond fan it would be great. The only problem would be the west conference. Geel & WB would be doing alot more travel and alot further the other Vic teams. I can just imagine the response from their fans wouldn't be too positive. At least the Cats have Kardinia Park to utilise, dogs fan would be travellin a hell of alot. I guess the games in the other conferences would determine how fair it would be for them.
Also two trips to Qld in winter is never a bad thing for fans.

Yeah if they were gonna go with the conference model then the '3 conference' system is great for us

I reckon the Bummer, Scum and Tankers would like it as well

The 2 conference model is very bad for us IMO

Disco Stu said:
Just had a look at that proposal.
As a Richmond fan it would be great. The only problem would be the west conference. Geel & WB would be doing alot more travel and alot further the other Vic teams. I can just imagine the response from their fans wouldn't be too positive. At least the Cats have Kardinia Park to utilise, dogs fan would be travellin a hell of alot. I guess the games in the other conferences would determine how fair it would be for them.
Also two trips to Qld in winter is never a bad thing for fans.

Heard somewhere the dogs are looking at using Skilled as a semi home ground to break their rotten deal at Etihad..

Whilst being in a conference with Carl/Coll/Ess would be a boon for all 4 clubs I doubt the AFL would put all its eggs in 1 basket like that...would they?

What are the AFL doing, try kill the game.
Just bring another two sides and have a 20 team comp and play each other once.

I've always liked the conference idea - but there would, I presume be inter-conference games. Perhaps you play each other twice then 8 interconference games.

Djevv said:
I've always liked the conference idea - but there would, I presume be inter-conference games. Perhaps you play each other twice then 8 interconference games.

Play in your conference home and away = 10 games
Play the other teams once alternating home and away from season to season = 12 games

Still a 22 round season.

I would like to see how they foresee finals in such a system. There needs to be a system that doesn't exclude any teams from being able to play each other in the Grand Final.

Panthera tigris FC said:
I would like to see how they foresee finals in such a system. There needs to be a system that doesn't exclude any teams from being able to play each other in the Grand Final.

Exactly, what would happen if the 2 best teams in the comp are in the same conference? I really don't like the Americanism idea. Totally stinks with loads of issues IMO