Can we go on with it | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Can we go on with it

Some tougher tasks to come. Just hope we maintain a competitive nature and continue to see improvement in different areas. I expect to see a few "honourable" losses like our games against Hawthorn and St.Kilda. I won't be shattered about that either.

maybe not this season but i expect to build on a few good performances and certainly be a more formidable opponent next season

but in saying that if we keep playing with guts and heart not too many teams will want to play us

Can we go on with it?

Depends what it is.

Winning 3 out of 4 - probably not
Continued improvement - yeah - why not?

More Than Astute said:
Were we a one hit wonder and now the 2nd half will prove a reality check as we play the serious teams.

If the one hit wonder effort is going to hit us, then it will not be in the second half of this year. I think it will be next year.

No doubt we have a core of very good yound midfielders, an emerging key forward and possibly a couple of decent ruckmen.

Defence is a worry, we have no real class back there, although Lids dropping back has certainly helped.

Streak said:
If the one hit wonder effort is going to hit us, then it will not be in the second half of this year. I think it will be next year.

No doubt we have a core of very good yound midfielders, an emerging key forward and possibly a couple of decent ruckmen.

Defence is a worry, we have no real class back there, although Lids dropping back has certainly helped.

conners newman edwards and lids all give us some class coming out of defence. newy conndog and lids are probably our 3 best kicks and eddy is improving massively

vs Sydney at the G. No worries
vs Freo. Piece of cake but wish it was at the G
vs North at the G. We'll get the points
vs Pies at the G. March April premiers will be sent packing
vs Adelaide. Nervous about this cos we'll be hot favourites. We'll get over them no worries though
vs Melbourne. We'll be singing our song late in the arvo
vs Carlton. Payback time
vs Saints at the dump. Hard one but will bring them down to earth with a thud
vs Port at the G. They've got no hope.

Our draw isn't that hard. We won't win them all but we're in with a genuine chance if we have the right mindset, confidence and determination.

:gotigers

rosy23 said:
vs Sydney at the G. No worries
vs Freo. Piece of cake but wish it was at the G
vs North at the G. We'll get the points
vs Pies at the G. March April premiers will be sent packing
vs Adelaide. Nervous about this cos we'll be hot favourites. We'll get over them no worries though
vs Melbourne. We'll be singing our song late in the arvo
vs Carlton. Payback time
vs Saints at the dump. Hard one but will bring them down to earth with a thud
vs Port at the G. They've got no hope.

Our draw isn't that hard. We won't win them all but we're in with a genuine chance if we have the right mindset, confidence and determination.

:gotigers
Looks like we're playing finals then

LidsBling&Cotch said:
conners newman edwards and lids all give us some class coming out of defence. newy conndog and lids are probably our 3 best kicks and eddy is improving massively

The thing is though that the only one of them that looks a real backman is Newman IMO. Bringing the ball out is one thing, stopping your opponent kicking goals is the primary thing.

I think it is clear we are in need of a classy small defender and could definately do with both a good FB and a good CHB. McGuane and Moore would only be depth players in a good defence.

Hopefully we continue to improve in the second half.
Our wins have come against other ordinary teams.
We will finish bottom 3 without question.

Hopefully we draft well and climb the ladder in 2011.

Streak said:
The thing is though that the only one of them that looks a real backman is Newman IMO. Bringing the ball out is one thing, stopping your opponent kicking goals is the primary thing.

I think it is clear we are in need of a classy small defender and could definately do with both a good FB and a good CHB. McGuane and Moore would only be depth players in a good defence.

Would be interested to see how McGuane and Moore would go in place of Harry Taylor and Zac Dawson and how those two would go in a defense that gets as much footy drilled into it as ours.

More Than Astute said:
Were we a one hit wonder and now the 2nd half will prove a reality check as we play the serious teams.

The challenge will be how we respond after a loss to a top 8 team when we play teams in the bottom 8 the week or two after that loss.
If we can hold our nerve we could win another 3 possibly 4. If we go into our shells we could lose them all.

DImma seems to think the 2nd half of the year will be consistent an better than the first 12 games.
In Dimma we trust