Buying tickets via our website and a rant | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Buying tickets via our website and a rant

The_General

Ancestors need to return to the PRE
Staff member
May 4, 2004
What a *smile* *smile* show our website is.

Cannot log in - With the saved details from when I renewed membership. Reset password (doesn't ask you to enter and confirm - the only website that doesn't need this)...

Try log in, ticketek or master says have to select a way of being updated By the club under a single log in... Doesn't matter what type of option I click. Sms. Email. Both. None.
"This option is not available. Try again later". It's been saying this all day, across multiple devices, Web browsers, OS.

Can't proceed to the ticket site to buy a ticket as a member. I'd love to upgrade for Dusty's 300th, take my son for his first game. Nup.

So I cannot log in, to buy/upgrade tickets. Im not giving the AFL additional revenue by buying a ticket via their website. So, *smile* them. I won't go.

p.s Not looking for hand outs or help as I know there's folks here who do *smile* like that. Great supporters the Tigers have.

Richmond Football Club. If you want to go to "new" technology (christ the local pub can get this *smile* right to sell tickets to a band with 5 FT employees), make sure it *smile* works.

The Sun was nice having it shine on our back for those glorious few years. However on field, off field, we've become rank *smile* amateurs.

I've been tenuously staying in touch with AFL because I hate the administration of the game. Rule changes. Academies. Being *smile* in the ass by the umpires 21 out of 22 games a year.

The way the club *was* run gave me hope for the future. I trusted we could swim upstream. Now? The administration of the RFC gives me no desire at all to stay invested.

We've screwed the pooch on our list management. Our strength and conditioning is farcical, with players on our list for years still looking comparatively like school boys and unable to run out games. And now the basic parts, giving basic functional *smile* to cater to your members off field doesn't work reliably.

Sounds like you've checked out RFC.
Maybe I'll check back in when you decide to. Lift ya *smile* game.

Reactions: 2 users
I’ve been able to log in, but can’t get a ticket for the hawks game!
I’m trying to upgrade four memberships, and purchase four more seats, but I’m being told there’s no tickets anywhere, even when reducing the number of seats I’m buying.

Anyone else having issues?

Reactions: 1 user
I've found the ticketing process so convaluted the past couple of years I've stopped going to away game blockbusters. Home game ones, marginally easier.
They've made it so bloody hard to go to the football. Midweek games etc. Game day memberships are nowhere near the appeal they once were.

Reactions: 1 users
I don't think buying tickets has anything to do with the club, the website would be run by that bunch of monumental incompetents called Ticketek. Doubt the club has any say in how tickets are sold.

Just as an aside, my daughter was trying to get Cold Chisel tickets today and couldn't even get the site to work, then she tried going to a Ticketek outlet only to be told they had sold out. She was in the online queue 15 minutes before tickets went on sale and still could not get to any tickets before they were all gone.

It also doesn't help that when you do get to a screen which offers tickets you have to go through at least 4 more screens to actually purchase the tickets, and then you are generally asked to log in even if you logged in earlier. The Ticketek site is a complete mess which actually harms Ticketek to some extent because the way the site works so inefficiently puts unnecessary load on their servers. Then again, they don't care as they have a monopoly over selling tickets to the events they hold. What would be better is if multiple ticketing agencies could sell tickets to the same game - they would get a commission and more tickets allocated to each agency when they have sold their initial allocation. But this will never happen.

DS

Reactions: 2 users
I've found the ticketing process so convaluted the past couple of years I've stopped going to away game blockbusters. Home game ones, marginally easier.
They've made it so bloody hard to go to the football. Midweek games etc. Game day memberships are nowhere near the appeal they once were.
Bingo.
That's excalty the same for me.
For any big game you need to have 3 computer science degree's to purchase a ticket.
How the *smile* do some do upgrades has me fked.
I have 4 membership and I still pay full when I go and watch them.
The day they stop putting barcodes on the cards was the day I went from going from 10-12 games a year to 3.
At least I saw us beat Sydney.

The day they stop putting barcodes on the cards was the day I went from going from 10-12 games a year to 3.
Still got bar codes on my membership. Hate those *smile* QR codes on the phones, turn the brightness up to full. Luckily for me the daughter organizes all our event game tickets 'coz she's pretty good at fudging her way round a computer n had plenty of practice with ticketek n such sites. Old luddite would never even get the window open to find the instruction page.

• Haha
What a *smile* *smile* show our website is.

Cannot log in - With the saved details from when I renewed membership. Reset password (doesn't ask you to enter and confirm - the only website that doesn't need this)...

Try log in, ticketek or master says have to select a way of being updated By the club under a single log in... Doesn't matter what type of option I click. Sms. Email. Both. None.
"This option is not available. Try again later". It's been saying this all day, across multiple devices, Web browsers, OS.

Can't proceed to the ticket site to buy a ticket as a member. I'd love to upgrade for Dusty's 300th, take my son for his first game. Nup.

So I cannot log in, to buy/upgrade tickets. Im not giving the AFL additional revenue by buying a ticket via their website. So, *smile* them. I won't go.

p.s Not looking for hand outs or help as I know there's folks here who do *smile* like that. Great supporters the Tigers have.

Richmond Football Club. If you want to go to "new" technology (christ the local pub can get this *smile* right to sell tickets to a band with 5 FT employees), make sure it *smile* works.

The Sun was nice having it shine on our back for those glorious few years. However on field, off field, we've become rank *smile* amateurs.

I've been tenuously staying in touch with AFL because I hate the administration of the game. Rule changes. Academies. Being *smile* in the ass by the umpires 21 out of 22 games a year.

The way the club *was* run gave me hope for the future. I trusted we could swim upstream. Now? The administration of the RFC gives me no desire at all to stay invested.

We've screwed the pooch on our list management. Our strength and conditioning is farcical, with players on our list for years still looking comparatively like school boys and unable to run out games. And now the basic parts, giving basic functional *smile* to cater to your members off field doesn't work reliably.

Sounds like you've checked out RFC.
Maybe I'll check back in when you decide to. Lift ya *smile* game.
Yep. Totally agree. Our whole electronic delivery is an infuriating mess.

Doesn’t matter what you’re trying to do, **** is just all over the place requiring access to multiple platforms, dumb menus, multiple passwords and logins, clunky functionality etc etc. Tickets, news, membership. You name it, it’s a dysfunctional mess.

Isn’t much of this Simon Matthews area ?

I Havent Touched or even tried Ticketek since the Cyber Incident impacting Ticketek Australia
It was always a mess and the Incident has made it Worse
Lets go back to the good ol days of camping out for Tickets where we could get tickets easier so many great Concerts and Games doing it

I don't think buying tickets has anything to do with the club, the website would be run by that bunch of monumental incompetents called Ticketek. Doubt the club has any say in how tickets are sold.
I don't buy this sorry.
It's up to club leadership to look after their club members & when it comes to ticket purchasing & quite frankly they don't make it easy at all.
Purchasing tickets to games has become significantly worse since the Covid era. Not easier.
This year they introduced ticketed games for home blockbusters, even for those in coterie areas. Limited number etc. Sorry WTF?
It's fine to blame ticketing agencies but where is the pressure coming from clubs on the AFL to improve the shambolic ticketing system for members?

For the first time this year I have really questioned the value of game day membership.
I'm quite sure by now the AFL doesn't give a *smile* about hardcore supporters who actually attend games & that pisses me off with regards to the entire experience.
They're obviously catering to a TV audience & that tempts me to join them.

Reactions: 3 users
I don't buy this sorry.
It's up to club leadership to look after their club members & when it comes to ticket purchasing & quite frankly they don't make it easy at all.
Purchasing tickets to games has become significantly worse since the Covid era. Not easier.
This year they introduced ticketed games for home blockbusters, even for those in coterie areas. Limited number etc. Sorry WTF?
It's fine to blame ticketing agencies but where is the pressure coming from clubs on the AFL to improve the shambolic ticketing system for members?

For the first time this year I have really questioned the value of game day membership.
I'm quite sure by now the AFL doesn't give a *smile* about hardcore supporters who actually attend games & that pisses me off with regards to the entire experience.
Everything he said.
What happened to 1st in regardless who we are playing and you can booked seats if you want too to seat in reserved areas.
Southern stand level 4 behind the goals was always public seats.
Same with the Olympic stand.

There's no way this match is a sell out.
Yet you can only get access to lvl 4 tickets, despite ticket *smile* saying that there's seats available all over the ground in different areas. Behind the goals, lvl 2, wing etc.

• Sad
Reactions: 1 user
Yep. Totally agree. Our whole electronic delivery is an infuriating mess.

Doesn’t matter what you’re trying to do, **** is just all over the place requiring access to multiple platforms, dumb menus, multiple passwords and logins, clunky functionality etc etc. Tickets, news, membership. You name it, it’s a dysfunctional mess.

Isn’t much of this Simon Matthews area ?
Sold our soul to the Devil when Ticketek was used as a member portal.

Disgraceful company. Couldn't run a chook raffle at the local.

There's no way this match is a sell out.
Yet you can only get access to lvl 4 tickets, despite ticket *smile* saying that there's seats available all over the ground in different areas. Behind the goals, lvl 2, wing etc.
Yeah I reckon often the 'ticketed game' rhetoric is generally rubbish to get member$ or casual supporter$ to upgrade their seats. Just depends how many they release.

For the St Kilda home game at Marvel, my membership only gives me GA entry and I have to pay to upgrade.

The cheapest L1 upgrade ticket is $28. I reckon that is double what I paid last year.

I'm not gonna bother. Will now stay at home.

The club really needs to do something about this home game at Marvel sham. Kardinia Park is now a brilliant stadium. And we came in good numbers last week. If we have to play 1 home game away from the G, is it worth negotiating with the Cats?

Have to agree the Ticketek sight is not easy to work. I purchased a single ticket on Monday for the Tigers v Hawks game . As an interstate member I'm not overly familiar with the seating at the MCG so it's a struggle to work out where is decent viewing. I found if I didn't put in Richmond supporter and used instead club member upgrade it opened up a few different bays. Finally after what would amount to several hours trying, I found a single seat in Bay M30 Ponsford Stand Level 1 so hopefully I'm not completely surrounded by Hawks supporters.

I don't buy this sorry.

I reckon the AFL forces clubs to go through Ticketek for ticket purchases. I just tried this, logged into the RFC site as a member and clicked on tickets and, lo and behold, I end up on the Ticketek site. Apart from the fact that the MCG ticketing is run by Ticketek alone, the AFL would be getting the clubs to go through Ticketek. I don't think the club has any say in this whatsoever.

For the St Kilda home game at Marvel, my membership only gives me GA entry and I have to pay to upgrade.

The cheapest L1 upgrade ticket is $28. I reckon that is double what I paid last year.

I'm not gonna bother. Will now stay at home.

The club really needs to do something about this home game at Marvel sham. Kardinia Park is now a brilliant stadium. And we came in good numbers last week. If we have to play 1 home game away from the G, is it worth negotiating with the Cats?

I have in the past upgraded to reserved seats at Chernobyl, for "home" and away games. My membership allows me GA admission to away games in Melbourne too. Last time I went to Chernobyl I rocked in to GA and promptly sat on Level 1 as no-one bothered checking. Screw them, Chernobyl ends up having half of Level 1 vacant and everyone seated up amongst the clouds. Why they can't open some of Level 1 to GA when half of it is unsold I don't know, plus we shouldn't be playing home games there especially against a club who have Chernobyl as their home ground. I now refuse to upgrade tickets there, and in any case, the upgraded tickets are often not that good anyway.

General, I'll send you a PM, might have a solution for you ;)

DS

Last edited:
Just trying my luck at getting decent seats for the GWS Game.

Roaming Tiger so reserved bay.

At the moment they are offering me Row S.

You can go to a venue map when you are right at the point before paying for the tickets, but it is interesting to see the seat allocation. All the seats in rows behind me are listed as sold. All the seats in rows in front of me are "unavailable".

What a *smile* joke. I would like seats further to the front and on an aisle. Can I choose my own seats? No way, just have to take pot luck. There is the option to "choose your own" right at the start of the process but that doesn't allow you to choose and barely works (doesn't seem to accept my barcodes, asks for them again and then claims they are not valid), most of the time it just sits there with a spinning circle. So, the only option is "best available". Yeah, what is best available any why can't I choose for myself?

FFS could they work out how to sell tickets? They do nothing else, you would think a basic level of competence would be handy.

DS