Blair Hartley as List Analyst | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Blair Hartley as List Analyst

Streak said:
You still rate Danny Meyer :eek:

:hihi

Still reckon he was probably the poorest effort we put into developing a player. & Its a hot field. ;D

evo said:
agreed.

Mitch Banner was a steal at 42. And from memory Leysy liked Davenport as much as Evo did.

Daniel Stewart also looks very promising.

Correct evo old son. Leysy has been a long time Davenport liker like yourself. Steal at the price.

Banner was the Thomson pick. He's actually come on better than leysy predicted. Crazy trade that though. Should have went after someone better ala Prismall or kept the pick & took our chances. CC's in the gun at this stage on that decision. They can hurt you long term & make a big difference.

Dont forget Hartlett, will be the best midfielder of that draft. Bar none ILO.

Early days but TRengrove & Broadbent also shape well at this stage as well. & as you mentioned Stewart.

It didn't.

His '09 was a disaster as well. So was '07 for that matter.

Stay away from the kids, Blair!
08 an ordinary draft, not many standouts or too many still playing.
Hartlett Trengrove and Broadbent all decent footballers. But limited and not sufficiently driven to win it all

The real quality is in the backend - in zipsland.
Rory sloane one of all time fav and Walters another favourite to watch.

Just watching the Dawks V Lions game. So last year we had pick 29, I see Lions picked this kid
Logan Morris with pick 31
Height:191 centimetresWeight:90 kilogramsDate of birth:10/5/2005
Talent League stats (average):11.7 disposals, 3.2 forward-50 marks, 3 goalsOriginal club:Werribee Districts
Two or so years ago we pick Tom Brown Dees pick Van Royden with the pick after us. Couldn't they see Jack and Tom were near their end. WTF were the recruiting dept doing? This Morris kid was in your own backyard . Lets hope this new recruiting guy can nail a few cos we have sure "smile"ed it up the last 3 or 4 drafts.

Reactions: 1 user
Just watching the Dawks V Lions game. So last year we had pick 29, I see Lions picked this kid
Logan Morris with pick 31
Height:191 centimetresWeight:90 kilogramsDate of birth:10/5/2005
Talent League stats (average):11.7 disposals, 3.2 forward-50 marks, 3 goalsOriginal club:Werribee Districts
Two or so years ago we pick Tom Brown Dees pick Van Royden with the pick after us. Couldn't they see Jack and Tom were near their end. WTF were the recruiting dept doing? This Morris kid was in your own backyard . Lets hope this new recruiting guy can nail a few cos we have sure "smile"ed it up the last 3 or 4 drafts.

1 - Blair Hartley doesn't draft players, you are thinking of Matt Clarke
2 - We may have started with Pick 29 but with all the academy players etc that pick dropped to 35 (which we then traded back to 40 to get McAuliffe and both FReo and West Coasts 3rds in 2024) - it was Blair that would be doing the trading back

Reactions: 1 users
1 - Blair Hartley doesn't draft players, you are thinking of Matt Clarke
2 - We may have started with Pick 29 but with all the academy players etc that pick dropped to 35 (which we then traded back to 40 to get McAuliffe and both FReo and West Coasts 3rds in 2024) - it was Blair that would be doing the trading back

Posh he must have had some input. I know Clarke has "smile"ed up big time thats why he jumped ship. I think they were trying to be too smart and accumulate picks to on sell to clubs ( Suns,GWS etc) for father/son stuff BUT the AFL this year have decided to change the rules to make clubs pay more for F/S picks, so it looks like we F***ed this one up as well.

Posh he must have had some input. I know Clarke has "smile"ed up big time thats why he jumped ship. I think they were trying to be too smart and accumulate picks to on sell to clubs ( Suns,GWS etc) for father/son stuff BUT the AFL this year have decided to change the rules to make clubs pay more for F/S picks, so it looks like we F***ed this one up as well.

We don't even know what any changes are or what year and you are already claiming we *smile* up. Seriously???

The point you were making was why didn't we take Morris, and the answer was we didn't have access to him, was taken before our pick.

Suits at AFLHQ are still trying to figure out what changes they are going to make to the trading n drafting system so it's virtually impossible for them to make any alterations before next year as it will totally *smile* up the plans of all clubs to try and implement change before this years draft. We might actually come out of our points accumulation plan very well as this year will be the last time there's a raft of open manipulations still possible.