Beating North | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Beating North

yandb

Tiger Champion
Mar 24, 2004
Can anyone recall Harvey having a bad game against us?
No matter who we play on him they get ripped a new one, this suggests we have a hole in our list, a defensive small defender with genuine pace and agility.

Shutting down Harvey would go a long way in out quest to beat North.

I can't believe I am suggesting this but Crowley is available, would cost us virtually nothing but given the History of our Football dept. he wouldn't be considered as he doesn't fit our age demographic.

Maybe thinking out side the square on this one might fill that hole in out list for this type of player.

There are other issues we also have to address particularly our tactics but this may be a start.

yandb said:
Can anyone recall Harvey having a bad game against us?
No matter who we play on him they get ripped a new one, this suggests we have a hole in our list, a defensive small defender with genuine pace and agility.

Shutting down Harvey would go a long way in out quest to beat North.

I can't believe I am suggesting this but Crowley is available, would cost us virtually nothing but give the History of our Football dept. he wouldn't be considered as he doesn't fit our age demographic.

Maybe thinking out side the square on this one might fill that hole in out list for this type of player.

There are other issues we also have to address particularly out tactics but this may be a start.
I recall Dan Jackson dislocating Harvey's elbow in a tackle in 2009. Kept Boomer to 0 possesions and we went on to win, with Jackson getting 3 Brownlow votes.

We bring North players back into "form" when they play us. Petrie, Thomson & Harvey
They have asked the AFL if they can play us 4 times next year.

If only. A bit too simple Jetboy and a spot of bother if we only play them once.

bandoftigers said:
I recall Dan Jackson dislocating Harvey's elbow in a tackle in 2009. Kept Boomer to 0 possesions and we went on to win, with Jackson getting 3 Brownlow votes.
He was also pretty quiet in the Rd 23 game this year, but he was played as a sub and they weren't exactly giving it their all in the second half.

Jetboy said:
It's be handy to think of a sure fire way to do it cos really, if all else remains the same, then the equation is simple

Beating North twice = Top four spot

Not sure about that. I could equally state that beating Melbourne once = top four spot ;)

Crowley would not be the worst pickup imo. Provides toughness around the ball and and is guaranteed to beat some gun players.

I look forward to the day when beating North is just a given and unworthy of its own thread 6 months before the season starts.

Crowley on a two year deal makes sense to me. Imagine him protecting Cotchin instead of pinching him. He has got two good years left in him at 31 yrs. We seriously need to toughen up and I like this guy's resolve.

Crowley on Judd in 13 and Crowley on Boomer in 15, do we win those 2 finals? I think we do...

Grigg and Hunt have been ok in the role but aren't good enough for the absolute guns. I would seriously look at Crowley.

We're just two aging delisted players from a premiership. Shame SJ went to GWS.

You are forgetting we have the star jumper to run around and around and around to fix up Harvey. Think he nearly caught him once.

I heard next time we meet them after half time we are starting with a 14 man defence.
Play game from the mightly coach Tony Shaw

RemoteTiger said:
I like the idea of Crowley teaching Townsend the ropes of tagging............

Then hire him as a development coach. Should not be considered as a player.