Battered bastards of baseball | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Battered bastards of baseball

yandb

Tiger Champion
Mar 24, 2004
I watched this movie last night and it reminded me of some of the issues we as supporters have with the Richmond VFL team.

In the movie it exposed the issues major league baseball created with their lower teams AAA, AA and A level teams.(not the main theme)

The term player farming was used and it is something we as a club have been guilty of (and most other VFL clubs)

Maybe if our club saw our VFL team as something to be proud of and not a means to an end maybe we would be developing better AFL standard players and not VFLising our developing players.

If our VFL team is being coached to win games maybe our younger players will develop a winning attitude. (an AFL trait)

If you have some time watch the movie (its a documentary)

Need only look as far as Hawthorn...their seconds have been premiers and twice runners up in the last 3 VFL GFs.

And Andy Collins, former Coburg coach is the current premiership coach at Willy...looks like we let a good one go there.

Fighting Fury said:
Need only look as far as Hawthorn...their seconds have been premiers and twice runners up in the last 3 VFL GFs.

And Andy Collins, former Coburg coach is the current premiership coach at Willy...looks like we let a good one go there.
At least Clarke has moved on so hopefully the next VFL coach will coach our youngsters more effectively.