Anchoring Bias | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Anchoring Bias

yandb

Tiger Champion
Mar 24, 2004
I hope that our recruiting team have not committed as to who they want to draft before the Draft camp.

There has been a few movers up the draft board in the second half of the season and some of the early leaders have dropped.

Anchoring bias "The anchoring bias is a pervasive cognitive bias that causes us to rely too heavily on information that we received early in the decision-making process."

Some of the late improvers may overtake the front runners so the Draft camp will sort out who has AFL level attributes.

If our team has anchoring bias then we may miss out on gun players because we made the decision on who we were taking too early.

Reactions: 1 user
I reckon our club has done its homework on a few being watched closely through joining the club for a few games - we seem closer to it than other years which is a good thing.

Reactions: 1 user
I reckon our club has done its homework on a few being watched closely through joining the club for a few games - we seem closer to it than other years which is a good thing.
You would hope so after less than stellar pickings in recent history. That said, some of the ones we drafted are slowly showing some promise after being in the system for a while