Allan Cooke passes | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Allan Cooke passes

pahoffm

No one player is bigger than the club.
Mar 24, 2004
For those long time Tiger fans.

Came across a notice by the RFC in today's paper that Allan Cooke had died.

Allan was one of the biggies in the Tigers' golden era in the 60s & 70s.

Chairman of Selectors, as well as other roles.

RIP.

On the RFC website.

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/6301/newsid/94206/default.aspx

Link here to a thread Rhett posted a few days ago, Phanto ...
http://www.puntroadend.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=40348.0

R.I.P Cooke

I like this :

"Years later, Cooke told author Rhett Bartlett in “RICHMOND F.C. A Century Of League Football” of his philosophy as chairman of selectors.

“I had a firm belief that I would never make a judgment on a player unless I saw him play,” Cooke said.

“In all my years as chairman of selectors I never missed one seconds game. I was there every Saturday morning at 9am, I saw the whole game through, then the firsts . . .

“If a player came to me during the week saying ‘Why wasn’t I getting a game?’ I would honestly answer him with my opinion.

“That’s my belief and I stuck by it, that’s why I was there for that long.”

feisty tige said:
R.I.P Cooke

I like this :

"Years later, Cooke told author Rhett Bartlett in “RICHMOND F.C. A Century Of League Football” of his philosophy as chairman of selectors.

“I had a firm belief that I would never make a judgment on a player unless I saw him play,” Cooke said.

“In all my years as chairman of selectors I never missed one seconds game. I was there every Saturday morning at 9am, I saw the whole game through, then the firsts . . .

“If a player came to me during the week saying ‘Why wasn’t I getting a game?’ I would honestly answer him with my opinion.

“That’s my belief and I stuck by it, that’s why I was there for that long.”

That's great.