Alex Rance for Captain | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Alex Rance for Captain

The_General

Ancestors need to return to the PRE
Staff member
May 4, 2004
Here's a novel idea. I know Rancey plays down back, but that didn't stop Truck or Glass from being good leaders of their club.

Rancey is a heart and soul player, is loved by all, but above all else, never ever gives up. He's extroverted and inspirational.

I know it's a risk given he almost walked away from the game entirely, and maybe Captaincy would be too much, but can't help but think he'd do Dyer proud.

The_General said:
Here's a novel idea. I know Rancey plays down back, but that didn't stop Truck or Glass from being good leaders of their club.

Rancey is a heart and soul player, is loved by all, but above all else, never ever gives up. He's extroverted and inspirational.

I know it's a risk given he almost walked away from the game entirely, and maybe Captaincy would be too much, but can't help but think he'd do Dyer proud.

Yeah not bad, but only if both players on board with it. Still think Cotch can shine with a tweak of his on field roles

why?

he already plays like a Greek God

what difference will the captain make?

token rubbish

chimp is a good leader. The kid is not the issue

If Cotchin decides to hand over the reins (and not knocking his captaincy, but he may feel he would be a better footballer for the club if he didn't have that extra responsibility?) then I would go for Jack.
He's emotional and passionate and seems to like leading from what I have seen.

Chelsea said:
If Cotchin decides to hand over the reins (and not knocking his captaincy, but he may feel he would be a better footballer for the club if he didn't have that extra responsibility?) then I would go for Jack.
He's emotional and passionate and seems to like leading from what I have seen.
Would love Jack as a captain but unfortunately the dummy spits are a no go as leader of a club. Reason Richo never got it. Would never see a Hodge, Mcveigh or Selwood doing dummy spits at their own players.

frawleyudud said:
Would love Jack as a captain but unfortunately the dummy spits are a no go as leader of a club. Reason Richo never got it. Would never see a Hodge, Mcveigh or Selwood doing dummy spits at their own players.

He actually may control himself more if he was captain and direct any issues in the right manner.
Just my two cents anyway

frawleyudud said:

wrong hodge almost bashed Campbell brown during the 4th q of grand final

excellent leader

Chelsea said:
He actually may control himself more if he was captain and direct any issues in the right manner.
Just my two cents anyway

Those blokes would dummy spit at players no worries, just not as overt about it, nor do the media magnify it as much. Part of being a great leader is being able to give a bloke a bake when its required with the respect still in tact. Also got to pick your targets...!

Merveille said:
Those blokes would dummy spit at players nonworries, just not as over about it, nor do the media magnify it as much. Part of being a great leader is being able to give a bloke a bake when its required with the respect still in tact. Also got to pick your targets...!

I bet Vossy did. Actually would like to see a bit if this from Cotch..

Cotchin is doing a good job...yes he played crapola yesterday (back issue didnt help) but no need to take captaincy off of him

Didn't want Cotch to get it. Newman was doing fine and I didn't see how it would be a net gain for the team. If you are going to change captains I reckon you give it to someone who will grow in the role. Cotch was already a star (yesterday is an exception) so I wanted Lids to get it. Now? Vlas I reckon.

Rance & Jack to go into leadership group at least

Chaplin & Maric out