albert proud leaves lions indefinitely | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

albert proud leaves lions indefinitely

The_General

Ancestors need to return to the PRE
Staff member
May 4, 2004
As per the topic name. Albert proud has taken a leave of absence indefinitely from the lions for personal reasons.

Glad we dodged this fella, he's really struggled off the field with fights and personal issues.

Has yet to do anything significant on the field.

We were looking to draft him, but from memory he declined showing up to draft camp and only went to the state draft camp?

I know there was some drama around him attending, although can't remember what it was.

It caused Frank and Greg to think he might be a bit of a risk mentally, and might not have his heart in AFL. Looks like they might have got this one right.

The_General said:
We were looking to draft him, but from memory he declined showing up to draft camp and only went to the state draft camp?

I know there was some drama around him attending, although can't remember what it was.

It caused Frank and Greg to think he might be a bit of a risk mentally, and might not have his heart in AFL. Looks like they might have got this one right.
For memory he also had a very poor beep test as well, under 10 for memory, Im sure Bob will know the deal

CC TIGER said:
For memory he also had a very poor beep test as well, under 10 for memory, Im sure Bob will know the deal

Tested very poorly and had known issues with friends and family.

The best thing for Proud would have been to get away from Brisbane when he was drafted.

He can play, there is no doubt about that, I loved him as a junior but, the issues are really complex. Staying at Brisbane in his comfort zone has stalled his career.

davidrodan said:
Would love to have him but don't think we have room in our forwardline :hihi

Well if we must play him on the wing, on the ball, in the ruck or in the backline, so be it.

I remember seeing his Myspace around the time of that draft and thinking the guy was a headcase. Had a beer in his hand in every one of his pics.

Not interested. The last thing we need as we work forward is a head-case. We just don't have the spare time or resources to be able to take a chance IMO.

Streak said:
Not interested. The last thing we need as we work forward is a head-case. We just don't have the spare time or resources to be able to take a chance IMO.

with cousins and taylor already a handful we certainly dont need another one

IrockZ said:
I remember seeing his Myspace around the time of that draft and thinking the guy was a headcase. Had a beer in his hand in every one of his pics.

Having pics with a few beers dosent really classify someone as a 'headcase' especially when they are around 18 yrs old.

tannerztigers said:
Having pics with a few beers dosent really classify someone as a 'headcase' especially when they are around 18 yrs old.

Maybe in your family its common but a 17 yr old on the drink every weekend is not something I'd be looking at when recruiting a footballer.