Ahhh the memories | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Ahhh the memories

Good times...
Great stuff Doherz.

Look at the space players had to work with.

ToraToraTora said:
What about Lloyd the dog...staging for frees even then.

I was thinking exactly the same thing. What a little piece of :flush

I was at work the day of the game. Figured we were dead in the water early on when getting snippets of the score by sneaking off to a radio I had hidden out the back. Didn't hear any of the 3rd qtr, then the boss caught me.

But he took pity and let me go to the lunch room and watch the whole last qtr.

Geez it's sad that one of our most "recent" highlights was 15 years ago. What I wouldn't give for a player like Knighter now. There's certainly a bit of him in the way the Bummers play these days.

Couldn't find Scotty Turners hip and shoulder on O'Donnell.

rosy23 said:
Geez it's sad that one of our most "recent" highlights was 15 years ago. What I wouldn't give for a player like Knighter now. There's certainly a bit of him in the way the Bummers play these days.

I'd settle for watching us play like we did that day. Creating space, running, decent disposal.

rosy23 said:

Actually, mine's a bit more recent in the win against Carlton in the 2001 semi-final.
The best feeling at the football I've ever had. Yet even that's now nine years in the past.
Still, I have hope for the future. You have to as a Richmond supporter...

doherz said:
thats what i was initiallylooking for. it was after half time if i reall correctly

I think it happened 3rd quarter.

O'Donnell was playing very good football for essendon, possible second best behind Hird.
If my memory services me correctly Essendon already had 2 out injured. Knocking O'Donnell out of the game killed essendon.

knights was brilliant in that game.