AFL rules out Priority pick for Carlscum or Brisvegas | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

AFL rules out Priority pick for Carlscum or Brisvegas

btoz_01

Tiger Legend
Apr 5, 2004
Good to see AFL hasnt given Carlscum a priority pick. :clap :clap After all they :police: all their trades

They were never going to get one.

AFL should stop the speculative requests. Every failed application for a priority pick will drop the teams current pick position by 2. i.e. Carlton would start at pick 3. Brisbane at pick 4.

FWIW I think Lions had a case. They have lost lots of first and second rounders in recent years due to the go home factor.

Have look at Yeo's form this year and Polec's last year. Big losses. Brisbane's list management or culture may have played a part but with the threat of Redden and Aish leaving another pick perhaps end of first round not unreasonable when you factor in pretty uncompetitive performances most of the year.

lamb22 said:
FWIW I think Lions had a case. They have lost lots of first and second rounders in recent years due to the go home factor.

Tend to agree but Carlton can go and get stuffed - all of their issues have been brought on by themselves and they played finals 2 years ago.

lamb22 said:

Have look at Yeo's form this year and Polec's last year. Big losses. Brisbane's list management or culture may have played a part but with the threat of Redden and Aish leaving another pick perhaps end of first round not unreasonable when you factor in pretty uncompetitive performances most of the year.
Geez. Brisvegas had a massive crack at the quadie not that long ago n then stuffed their own list with absolute crap management n now people are starting to feel sorry for them. Phhhht. Stuff them n stuff Carlscum twice as much on the priority picks.
What next? Do we look to give the Swans, Cats n Hawks some priority picks in a couple of years because they're not winning as many flags as they used to?

There's eighteen teams in the comp n all of them want to win the flag, those that are exceptionally well run might get a couple of chances every now and again to have a crack at a flag n the rest will shuffle around the lower reaches for a while. Clubs that are poorly run, like we were for so many years. Like the Dees, Brisvegas, Carlscum, Essendrugs etc simply don't deserve handouts. They need to pull the finger out n run their clubs properly to give themselves a chance.
Cats, Hawks n Swans have been very well managed over recent years, even Colonwood has been very well run n their finals efforts show just rewards. Clubs like Wet Coke, Doggies n Port have refreshed n improved their management n systems in recent years and it's had a massive impact on how they've performed.