AA and the Tigers | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

AA and the Tigers

BloodOath

Now this is a team!
Sep 1, 2004
Melbourne
I live in Perth but time to time get to listen to 3AW for some more "broad" footy talk.
Unfortunately some night Matthew Lloyd is on - last night he was asked to name his AA side.

Richmond is the side that features most, with four Tigers working their way into the side.

Sam Mitchell is the only Hawthorn player in the side.

Here is Lloydy's team after 11 rounds...

B: Alex Rance (Richmond), Michael Hurley (Essendon), Dane Rampe (Sydney)

HB: Sam Mitchell (Hawthorn), Harry Taylor (Geelong), Easton Wood (Western Bulldogs)

C: Scott Pendlebury (Collingwood), Nathan Fyfe (Fremantle), Brandon Ellis (Richmond)

HF: Jamie Elliott (Collingwood), Josh Kennedy (West Coast), Daniel Hannebery (Sydney)

F: Eddie Betts (Adelaide), Lance Franklin (Sydney), Jack Riewoldt (Richmond)

FOLL: Aaron Sandilands (Fremantle), Matt Priddis (West Coast), Dylan Shiel (GWS)

INT: Todd Goldstein (North Melbourne), David Armitage (St Kilda), Shane Edwards (Richmond), Andrew Gaff (West Coast)

COACH: Adam Simpson (West Coast)

This must be the most players we would have had in any side like this for a long time - and one of them isn't Lids.

If Llyod keeps this up I might stop calling him Greg Louganis

The best thing about Lloyd is that he's the Bombers goal kicking coach and they have record low scores these days.

Great Post BloodOath Loyd is a highly respected critic since joining the Media

Shane Edwards deserves to be there but would be better if the media continued to ignore his influence on games

Good effort there by the Velvet Sledgehammer. Can't dispute any of those overly. Maybe Mundy or Jack Steven for Pendles.

Josh Bruce 5, Pavlich 4, Hawkins 4, Kennedy 3, Franklin 3 - not sure how many of those were kicked on Hurley, but I read yesterday that Rance hasn't had more than 2 kicked on him for the year, for a total of 8. Surely deserves a key post.

4 weeks ago we had no 'elite' players now we have 4 AAs. The media, and PRE, are very fickle.

French Tiger said:
I don't think we would have 5 in the All Aus team, the only walk up would be Rance.

Rance, Dusty, Jack and Edwards all walk-ups IMO if the side was selected now. They all played well even in our crappy losses. But there have been many years when Lids was a walk-up IMO and didn't even make the squad. So what do I know?

tigersnake said:
Rance, Dusty, Jack and Edwards all walk-ups IMO if the side was selected now. They all played well even in our crappy losses. But there have been many years when Lids was a walk-up IMO and didn't even make the squad. So what do I know?

Tend to agree on those four TS.

Big Tiger said:
So Brandon Ellis is having a better season than Dusty? Got to be kidding.
Ellis has been consistently returning big numbers. That's what they go on when selecting these things. I love Dusty, but Ellis has had a more consistent season to date.

That's why we played so *smile*? So many of our guys are alcoholics?