24 Man Squad | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

24 Man Squad

DragicevicFan

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2002
Melbourne
Hilton, Gaspar, Rogers, Ottens, Chaffey, Pettifer, Stafford, Bowden, Richardson, Fiora, Cameron, Rodan, Fleming, Hall, King, Coughlan, Johnson, Hyde, Tivendale, Mills, Newman, A Kellaway, Vardy, Houlihan

Where did you hear/get this, DF?

That's near our best side given Campo, Blumfield, Dutchy, Zantuck, Dragga and Krakouer are out due to injury/modified programs. Looks like we're treating this game seriously and want to win it.

Good to see Hall is alright.

Rosy will be upset - no duncan.

Rosy will be upset - no duncan.

Quite the contrary mt. ;D
As I posted on the other thread where the club said Zantuck and Blumfield won't play, I'd be surpised if Dunc and CC played as well.
They are both getting on a bit and battling injury.
Save them for the real thing.
They know the ropes enough by now not to have to play pre-season games if they aren't 100% fit.

Go Tiges....I've never looked forward to the pretend cup so much in my life. Been hanging out since last April I reckon, ha.

Ill be annoyed if they dont put our kids and rookies in the side to show us a glimpse of them atleast!

Ill be annoyed if they dont put our kids and rookies in the side to show us a glimpse of them atleast!

I agree TD would like to see at least a couple of the youngsters/rookies.

Though I'd be surprised if Hall played. He hasn't been training that much at all

Sorry guys, might have been a bit misleading in my post. THats just my squad, but seeing as i'm having another crack, can i replace Hall with Sipthorp or Shultz?

i'd say the squad will be released thursday afternoon, and dont miss the herald sun tomorrow, it's our turn for a season preview. They are working from the bottom of the ladder up, so finishing 14th has some bonuses, we dont have to wait too long for a preview.

Wizard Cup squads:
Richmond v Melbourne
2:48:09 PM Wed 19 February, 2003
Samantha Lane
afl.com.au

Star Tiger forward Matthew Richardson has been named in Richmond’s round one squad for its Wizard Home Loans Cup match against Melbourne on Friday night, despite being under an injury cloud.

Richardson was reported to be carrying a wrist complaint following an accident at home recently, but has been selected in the club’s 28-man squad.

Budding goalsneak Andrew Krakouer has also been named after an intra-club mishap last week when he corked a thigh. Initially Krakouer looked to have damaged an ankle, and was carried from the field.

Former Crow Kane Johnson will make his début in the yellow and black after an impressive pre-season, while ex-Bomber Justin Blumfield will miss due to a bout of osteitis pubis. Veteran skipper Wayne Campbell will also be rested having only just begun full training this week.

Meanwhile, the Demons should exhibit their two big-name recruits in the match, with former Bombers Chris Heffernan and Gary Moorcroft coming straight into the side. Guy Rigoni is also set to begin his AFL comeback after missing the entire 2002 season with a back injury.

The Dees have selected young and inexperienced talls Brad Miller, Aaron Rogers and Ryan Ferguson to help cover the loss of defenders Craig Ellis and Alastair Nicholson, who are both recovering from knee injuries.

Adem Yze (ankle) and Peter Vardy (achilles) will be rested.

Richmond: Rory Hilton, Darren Gaspar, Matthew Rogers, Brad Ottens, Mark Chaffey, Kayne Pettifer, Greg Stafford, Joel Bowden, Matthew Richardson, Aaron Fiora, Leon Cameron, David Rodan, Clinton King, Craig Biddiscombe, Daniel Sipthorp, Mark Coughlan, Jay Schulz, Andrew Krakoeur, Kane Johnson, Martin McGrath, Chris Hyde, Greg Tivendale, Andrew Mills, Chris Newman, Andrew Kellaway, Kelvin Moore, Royce Vardy, Adam Houlihan.

Melbourne: Chris Heffernan, Steven Armstrong, Clint Bizzell, Scott Thompson, Gary Moorcroft, David Neitz, Daniel Ward, Travis Johnstone, Michael Clark, Brad Green, James McDonald, Russell Robertson, Nathan Brown, Luke Williams, Aaron Rogers, Chris Lamb, Simon Godfrey, Paul Wheatley, Cameron Bruce, Jeff White, Ryan Ferguson, Andrew Leoncelli, Brad Miller, Daniel Breese, Mark Jamar, Peter Walsh, Guy Rigoni, Matthew Whelan.

No Nichols (no surprise there) but what about Pickering and Flemming??? hmmm

Not sure about Pickering, but, from reading the Intra club practice match review, I think Fleming might have slight concussion. Don't recall seeing him at training on Monday.

From what I have seen of him though, and it's only been at training, he seems like a hard running type player. Don't know anything about other parts of his game, but he might be a bit of a surprise packet.

So we have Campbo, Dunc, Blumfield being rested cos of soft tissue kind of injuries.
Dutchy, Dragga and Zanners either have broken bits, or are coming back from broken bits.
What's up with Razor anyone know?
That's 6 (maybe not Dragga yet) who would probably be chosen in our best 22 for round 1 if available.
About 6 weeks to get fit guys.
Good luck and fingers crossed for an injury free season.
Go Tiges.

Does anyone know which of the players not playing in the Wizard Cup have longer term injuries and will not be available for the season proper.

In particular, I am not sure about the injuries Ray Hall, Billy Nichols, Tim Fleming, Matthew Shir and Adam Pickering have.

Also, could anyone confirm whether our Sup list players are available to play in the season proper without having to put someone on the long term injured list?

Fleming has a broken wrist.

Nicholls probably has a hamstring or a shoulder or an elbow or an ankle, the most injured man in the afl.

Hall is the mystery one, i'd be guessing he's got a touch of OP, he had it during last year but kept playing despite hardly training.

Shir has OP too, while Pickering is recovering from a shoulder reconstruction.

Any squad without Duncan Kellaway is a step forward in the right direction. Let him rot in coburg where he belongs. :D

Fleming has a broken wrist.

Nicholls probably has a hamstring or a shoulder or an elbow or an ankle, the most injured man in the afl.

Hall is the mystery one, i'd be guessing he's got a touch of OP, he had it during last year but kept playing despite hardly training.

Shir has OP too, while Pickering is recovering from a shoulder reconstruction.

:eek: I see.

Any squad  without Duncan Kellaway is a step forward in the right direction. Let him rot in coburg where he belongs. :D

don't we all wish you would go away and rot somewhere diggler ::)  ;)