2017 Premiership side cut in half. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2017 Premiership side cut in half.

theglove3

Tiger Champion
Jun 3, 2003
Wow.
Time flies.
Just reflecting on the back of The Titch announcement today.

Since we won that flag (and left poor old Texas chainsaw with a spare seat on the plane back :mhihi ) as of today 10 players have left that side.
Towner
Butts
Grigga
The Rancid One
Bobble
Caddyshack
Basharooney
DTLD
Lambo
and Titch.

How time flies.
Time waits for no one.
Also a bittersweet time for me as well 2017.
Lost my Dad a few hours after the Geelong QF win which I missed.
Also missed the Gws Prelim.
Then I mustered up the courage and attended 2017 GF with my buddy 3 weeks to the day after Dad left.

Amazing to think in a few short weeks that will be 5 years.

That now leaves 12 survivors.
Floss, Optimus Prime, The Human Meatball, Aston "Norm Smith" Martin, Jackmond, Chimpah,
Captain Chaos, Dan, Nankenstein, KMac, Fridge and Boobsy.

What a great 5 years it's been.
Go you Tigers!

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 25 users
i have this suspicion Brandon Ellis will return to Richmond after he does his 5 years at the Suns. I don’t think he ever wanted to leave, but circumstances are circumstances.

You look at the last two years in particular.

Astbury
Houli
Caddy
Lambert
Edwards

With question marks on Jack & Cotchin.

I feel that the above is dependent on our final series …. how deep we go and their performances

i have this suspicion Brandon Ellis will return to Richmond after he does his 5 years at the Suns. I don’t think he ever wanted to leave, but circumstances are circumstances.
Offered a life changing deal from the Suns, good for him has set himself up for life and his family who it’s open knowledge he supports financially.
Doubt we would take him back as it doesn’t make sense from a list management POV. Marlion is far better in the wing role than Brandon ever was.

Reactions: 4 users
Will hang the boots up I suggest. Commenced his 5 year deal in 2020 with the Suns. He is already 29yo and will be 31 at the end of his 5 year deal at the Suns (20,21,22,23,24). I cant see our need for 32yo outside winger in 2025

2012-2019 176 games at RFC
2020- 50 games at Suns

The fact was he was paid very well by us and that deal was struck before we were successful.
I may be wrong but my understanding was he was offered a deal which was inferior to the one he was on.
I think there are lot on here who underate Brando as a player. He had a really good career with us and has been a good player at the suns.
He is going to be a 250 game dual premiership player, that’s a stellar career.

Reactions: 10 users
The fact was he was paid very well by us and that deal was struck before we were successful.
I may be wrong but my understanding was he was offered a deal which was inferior to the one he was on.
I think there are lot on here who underate Brando as a player. He had a really good career with us and has been a good player at the suns.
I thought it was the other way around. Our offer wasn't great, or possibly only a couple of years, and he chose the security of a long term deal over a riskier shorter one.

But he still loves the club

I thought it was the other way around. Our offer wasn't great, or possibly only a couple of years, and he chose the security of a long term deal over a riskier shorter one.

But he still loves the club
Didn’t explain it very well. That’s what I mean, he was offered an inferior deal by RFC which meant he looked around and got the suns deal .

Reactions: 1 user
Maybe a few players had to take a Dusty haircut

Maybe a few players had to take a Dusty haircut
Probably partly that. The fact was when Brando originally signed the contract that ended in 2019 he was probably in our top 10 players and we were also obligated to pay close to the cap so he got paid well.
By the time 2019 came around Dusty had a new deal but we also had lynch and Prestia at the club and a number of others who needed contracts upgraded so we could keep them.
Brando was a bit of a victim of our success.
I still love him as a player and like others I suspect he will always see himself as a Tiger

Reactions: 3 users
Will hang the boots up I suggest. Commenced his 5 year deal in 2020 with the Suns. He is already 29yo and will be 31 at the end of his 5 year deal at the Suns (20,21,22,23,24). I cant see our need for 32yo outside winger in 2025

2012-2019 176 games at RFC
2020- 50 games at Suns

will have just turned 31 at the end of his deal at the Suns. Ellis has a massive tank and has been incredibly durable. He has played at least 18 games every season (excluding 2020 where he played 16 in a shortened season). He will play 300 games and beyond.

• Wow
Wow.
Time flies.
Just reflecting on the back of The Titch announcement today.

Since we won that flag (and left poor old Texas chainsaw with a spare seat on the plane back :mhihi ) as of today 10 players have left that side.
Towner
Butts
Grigga
The Rancid One
Bobble
Caddyshack
Basharooney
DTLD
Lambo
and Titch.

How time flies.
Time waits for no one.
Also a bittersweet time for me as well 2017.
Lost my Dad a few hours after the Geelong QF win which I missed.
Also missed the Gws Prelim.
Then I mustered up the courage and attended 2017 GF with my buddy 3 weeks to the day after Dad left.

Amazing to think in a few short weeks that will be 5 years.

That now leaves 12 survivors.
Floss, Optimus Prime, The Human Meatball, Aston "Norm Smith" Martin, Jackmond, Chimpah,
Captain Chaos, Dan, Nankenstein, KMac, Fridge and Boobsy.

What a great 5 years it's been.
Go you Tigers!
And three of the Dozen won't be playing this week (well maybe George)

• Wow
Offered a life changing deal from the Suns, good for him has set himself up for life and his family who it’s open knowledge he supports financially.
Doubt we would take him back as it doesn’t make sense from a list management POV. Marlion is far better in the wing role than Brandon ever was.
I think his contracts at Punt Rd were the life changing ones when you read his story.

$450k at RFC is life changing v what he or any of us could earn in mid twenties. $600k at GC is just cream.

Reactions: 1 users