2011 PREmier Fighting Tiger Award - THE AWARDS | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2011 PREmier Fighting Tiger Award - THE AWARDS

Re: 2011 PREmier Fighting Tiger Award - Round 7 vs Fremantle - VOTE HERE

1. Nahas
2. Houli
3. Cotchin

3. Cotchin
2. Nahas
1. Batchelor

Apologies to Houli & Rance

3 - Nahas
2 - Cotchin
1 - Newman

Rance's second half was his best for the club but not in the top three for mine. Special mentions to Jack, Batchelor, Vickery, Deledio, White. Very even performance. Very encouraging first level of depth.

3. Nahasn'theturnedhiscareeraround
2. Chimpalicious
1. Delediocity

Mentions to Houli, Batchelor, Edwards and Jackson's smackdown of Duffield.

3 - Nahas - took them on all game, always looked dangerous.
2 - Cotch - best game for the club by far.
1 - Houli - seems to finding his best footy now. hope it continues.

unlucky - edwards and conca.

3. cotchin
2. nahas
1. houli

2011 PREmier Fighting Tiger Award
Voting Results for Round 7 vs Fremantle

Richmond 3.2 9.7 17.7 23.10 (148)
Fremantle 2.8 9.9 13.11 14.15 (99)

GOALS
Richmond: Riewoldt 4, Cotchin 4, Nahas 4, Vickery 3, King 2, Houli 2, Deledio, Graham, Miller, Martin
Fremantle: Bradley 4, Ballantyne 2, Mayne 2, Pavlich, Hill, Lower, Ibbotson, McPhee, Pitt

Rank Change Player 3 VOTES 2 VOTES 1 VOTE RD TOTAL TOTAL VOTES AVG
1 ↑1 Trent Cotchin 49 33 4 217 601 86 85.9
2 ↑2 Robin Nahas 37 42 3 198 548 82 78.3
3 ↓2 Dustin Martin 0 0 0 0 430 0 61.4
4 ↓1 Brett Deledio 0 1 8 10 362 9 51.7
5 - Jack Riewoldt 0 0 1 1 331 1 47.3
6 - Nathan Foley 0 0 0 0 186 0 26.6
7 - Shaun Grigg 0 0 0 0 174 0 24.9
8 - Daniel Jackson 0 0 0 0 114 0 19.0
9 - Chris Newman 0 0 3 3 63 3 9.0
=10 ↑3 Bachar Houli 0 1 24 26 38 25 5.4
=10 - Matthew White 0 0 0 0 38 0 5.4
12 ↓1 Jake King 0 0 0 0 28 0 4.7
13 ↓1 Alex Rance 0 1 7 9 26 8 6.5
14 ↑5 Jake Batchelor 0 3 12 18 19 15 3.2
15 ↑1 Reece Conca 0 1 6 8 18 7 2.6
=16 ↓2 Angus Graham 0 0 6 6 17 6 2.4
=16 ↓2 Dylan Grimes 0 1 4 6 17 5 3.4
18 NEW Shane Edwards 0 3 8 14 14 11 2.0
19 ↓2 Tyrone Vickery 0 0 0 0 9 0 1.3
20 ↓2 Luke McGuane 0 0 0 0 7 0 1.4
21 ↓2 Brad Miller 0 0 0 0 1 0 0.3
Total Voters=86

229644.jpg

MATCH REPORT
by lukeanddad

A typical brilliant autumn afternoon greeted us as we assembled (where else?) at the PRE. The ground was predominantly yellow and black – which was highlighted when the Dockers ran on to polite applause from their 38 Melbourne fans.

How would we start? Sandilands and Pav in the middle looked ominous. However, it was us who made the better of it early. Cotch clears, uses Edwards – who cuts into the corridor and finds Nahas moving. Checkside – goal. Good start.

Half way through the first quarter we were marooned across half back. Fortunately, the Dockers could not convert and we remained in the game. We continue to struggle to get it out of our defensive 50 until Nahas – on more than one occasion – took them on and aggressively attacked through the corridor. Titch sets up Houli for a long shot from inside the square with Dusty successfully shepherding the ball through. Soon, Newman sets up TV who converts from 30m.

Scores level at quarter time which exceeded our expectations. Bad kicking by the Dockers kept us in the game. On the other hand, Jack, Jake and Dusty were unsighted and they were sure to work their way into the game. (Incidentally, articles about 2 of these 3 boys in the media on Saturday; wonder if it is a distraction?) Sandilands and Pavlich were brilliant in the first quarter, but apart from Mundy, not much support.
Hill kicks a clever goal early in the second and that begins a 37 minute (!) arm wrestle between the teams. Another great clearance by Cotch… great hands by Jack and Edwards generates another goal assist. Jake converts – for the second time in the quarter as he begins to make his presence felt. However, every time the Tigers get 8-9 points up, the Dockers came back. We were 9 points up at the 32 min mark and I thought we would go in to half time with a handy break. However, the guy on the siren button went to sleep and the Dockers came back with two late goals (Ballantyne and Bradley?) to be in front at half time.

We had our chances in the 2nd but kicked poorly. Nahas, who was best for us, missed a couple as did White. Special mention for a Nahas goal: he won it on D50 on the Northern wing, gave-and got (shades of Boomer Harvey), works it inside 50 and keeps running! Receives and goals from 40. Outstanding individual effort!

Sandilands was supreme in the middle and around the ground. Ominously, Bradley limped off late in the quarter. At half time the question was simple. Could Sandilands continue to do 90% of the centre square work? If so, we would stuggle…

The third quarter started where the 2nd ended. Titch to Grigg to Jack: goal to put us up and then McPhee was given his second charity decision (a questionable mark) but failed to convert – to the derision of the Tiger supporters. Cotch and Lids were really stepping up now and it was left to Sandilands, Pavlich – and to a lesser extent, Mundy – to keep them in the game.

However, Sandilands was visibly tiring and because Bradley was a lone hand up forward, Sandilands had to rest at full forward. Gus and Vickery really stepped up, both scoring goals and winning uncontested footy. In addition, Sandilands infringed on Jack later in the quarter to give him his 3rd. The previously quiet Dusty also got into the game with some powerful efforts. Overall, an 8-goal quarter and much of it was due to the diminished output from their big ruckman.

The last quarter was a delirious blur. Most of the action was at the City end, but when it got to the PRE, special mention to Grimes, Rance, Conca & Batch, who were doing very nice clean up jobs. Grimes is a brilliant spoiler – and it was great to see him go for – and take - a mark in the last.
Cotch was totally in control at this stage and Houli was enjoying being on the receiving end of some of his great inside work.

We still have a way to go and our set pieces in the back half are occasionally shaky. However, as the boys grow in confidence – with Foley, Dusty and Cotch feeding it out to Nahas, Houli and Grigg, running through the corridor – we look good. TV is improving as a second tall in the F50 and it will be great to see Moore, Griffo and Post challenging some of our existing talls for games.

EDITORIAL
by Panthera tigris FC

Wow! Awesome game of footy to be at. As pumped at 3/4 time as I have been in a LONG time at the footy and the way we ran away with it is really unprecedented in recent times.

In the voting the week it was clearly a two horse race with the Chimp only just shading Nahas and both players racking up huge numbers as the PRE faithful turned out en masse at the polls. The Chimp was let off the leash this week as Dusty copped the hard tag. Instead, Cotch went head to head with the potential game breaker in Pavlich. It was a great contest and it was awesome to see Cotchin hit the scoreboard with 4 goals. One of my fellow RFC members who I have sat in the same area as for many years said "Too bad he's not a goal kicker" when Cotch was lining up for his first. I asked him to continue stating his views throughout the season!

Nahas is clearly the most improved player on the RFC's list and I still have to rub my eyes when I watch him play and compare him to the player we watched in 2010. He has obviously put the hard yards in during the preseason and is reaping the rewards and recognition that he has earned. His gut running for 4 quarters is awesome to watch and now he is contributing to the scoreboard pressure he has quickly become a game breaker for the Tigers and is a big reason that we have won in recent weeks. It may shock some that Nahas has moved into 2nd position in the polling this season, but I reckon that is fair reward for week in week out consistency.

The Tigers are now set for another test against a side that they haven't beaten since early 2005 in the Dogs (forgetting that we should have beaten them in that drawn match). It is set to be a thriller with the Tigers on a roll and the Dogs struggling for form. I look forward to an enthralling encounter.

In some housekeeping news, I am looking for a match reporter for this weekend's match. We have had some great contributions this season thus far, so if you would like to provide a brief report on the match against the Dogs it would be much appreciated.

Carn' the Tiges!

Re: 2011 PREmier Fighting Tiger Award - Round 7 vs Fremantle - RESULTS POSTED

Thanks Panthera and lukeanddad. Terrific work and greatly appreciated.

A lot of votes posted this week. Amazing what a big win can do.

Great to see Nahas up there. What a surprise packet.

rosy23 said:
Thanks Panthera and lukeanddad. Terrific work and greatly appreciated.

Hear hear. Mighty efforts from both.
Excellent reports. Good to see the facts were stated and not much embellishment. ;D

I will start this round

3. miller
2. vickery
1. cotchin

Negatives Graham please take away whatever he has earnt this year along with Houli. Please noone give Jackson a vote for the rest of the year he is garbage. We are still bottom 4 peoples.

Pretty ordinary comments GEDS. Votes should be decided on actual performance in a given game rather than by any pre-programmed player prejudice.

3. Nahas
2. Vickery
1. Deledio

Re: 2011 PREmier Fighting Tiger Award - Round 8 vs Western Bulldogs - VOTE HERE

3 - Conca
2 - Deledio
1 - Nahas

Re: 2011 PREmier Fighting Tiger Award - Round 8 vs Western Bulldogs - VOTE HERE

3 Vickery
2 Conca
1 Nahas