2011 PREmier Fighting Tiger Award - THE AWARDS | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2011 PREmier Fighting Tiger Award - THE AWARDS

Re: 2011 PREmier Fighting Tiger Award - 5 vs North Melbourne VOTE HERE

3. Martin
2. Nahas
1. Riewoldt

3. Dustin
2. Nahas
1. Cotch

1. Cotch - 2 goals and great last quarter
2. Nahas - brought players into the game ... one of his best
3. Dusty - GUN ... say no more ... cannot wait until he matures ... he will be pushing Sandilands out of the way then!

3. Martin
2. Reiwoldt
1. Cotchin

3. Martin
2. Riewoldt
1. Cotch

3 Dusty Martin
2 Jack Riewoldt
1 Trent Cotchin

Special mention goes to Robin Nahas

3 Martin
2 Cotchin
1 Reiwoldt

3 Martin
2 Cotchin
1 Riewoldt

Re: 2011 PREmier Fighting Tiger Award - Round 5 vs North Melbourne VOTE HERE

3 Martin
2 Jack
1 Houli

Re: 2011 PREmier Fighting Tiger Award - Round 5 vs North Melbourne VOTE HERE

2011 PREmier Fighting Tiger Award
Voting Results for Round 5 vs North Melbourne

North Melbourne 5.1 8.6 12.11 14.19 (103)
Richmond 1.3 6.8 10.10 17.10 (112)

GOALS
North Melbourne: Petrie 6, Swallow 2, Hansen, Cunnington, Adams, Wells, Harvey, Tarrant
Richmond: Riewoldt 5, Martin 4, King 3, Cotchin 2, Edwards, White, Miller

Rank Change Player 3 VOTES 2 VOTES 1 VOTE RD TOTAL TOTAL VOTES AVG
1 ↑1 Trent Cotchin 3 8 19 44 384 30 76.8
2 ↓1 Brett Deledio 0 0 2 2 349 2 69.8
3 - Jack Riewoldt 3 42 19 112 328 64 65.6
4 ↑3 Dustin Martin 65 4 1 204 314 70 62.8
5 - Robin Nahas 0 12 14 38 197 26 39.4
6 ↓2 Shaun Grigg 0 0 4 4 174 4 34.8
7 ↓1 Daniel Jackson 0 0 0 0 114 0 22.8
8 - Chris Newman 0 0 0 0 60 0 12.0
9 - Nathan Foley 0 4 0 8 50 4 10.0
10 - Matthew White 0 0 0 0 38 0 7.6
11 - Jake King 0 0 5 5 19 5 4.8
12 - Angus Graham 0 0 0 0 10 0 2.0
=13 ↑2 Reece Conca 0 1 1 3 7 2 1.4
=13 - Tyrone Vickery 0 0 0 0 7 0 1.4
=13 - Luke McGuane 0 0 0 0 7 0 2.3
16 ↑1 Bachar Houli 0 0 4 4 5 4 1.0
17 ↓2 Alex Rance 0 0 0 0 4 0 2.0
18 NEW Dylan Grimes 0 0 2 2 2 2 0.7
19 ↓2 Jake Batchelor 0 0 0 0 1 0 0.3
Total Voters=71

228321.jpg

MATCH REPORT
by Panthera tigris FC

The Easter Sunday clash between Richmond and North Melbourne saw two teams desperate to secure their first victory of the 2011 season. In my footy tipping I was optimistic enough to tip my beloved Tigers for the first time this season as the Kangas have struggled and Richmond have shown glimpses of the type of footy they are capable of.

One of the real problems that the Tigers have had in 2011 is slow starts, gifting solid leads to their opposition in the first quarters of their matches and then having to play 'catch up footy' for the duration of the match. With the exception of the game against the Hawks the Tigers have staged stunning comebacks against their opposition in the 3rd quarters and have put themselves in winning positions in the final quarter. Against inferior opposition it was hoped that this problem would have been avoided. However, it wasn't to be and the Roos jumped the Tigers kicking 5 goals to 1 in the first quarter, with Petrie looking dangerous and the Roos capitalising on every Tiger mistake to score good, opportunistic goals. It would seem that the Tigers would, again, have to claw their way back into the match.

As it turns out, that is exactly what the Tigers started in the second, kicking 5 goals and starting to eat into the Kangaroos early lead. The third quarter was again dominated by the Tigers in general play, but the Kangaroos found a way to take their opportunities and keep Richmond at arms length. It felt like the Tigers were playing the better brand of footy however the Roos maintained a lead of 13 points going into the final quarter.

The final quarter wasn't to see a Tiger fadeout that us fans have seen in previous matches. The boys were all over their North Melbourne opposition and as the game opened up the Tigers hit the scoreboard. The Tigers managed 7 goals to 2 in an impressive display and ended up shading the Kangaroos by 9 points and securing their first victory of the season. The boys celebrated with a rip roaring rendition of Tigerland, with Miller, Houli, Grigg, Grimes and Conca experiencing the song for the first time in their Tiger careers.

In the voting this week it was clear that the PREnders were in 100% agreement with the footy media this week in awarding Dusty Martin best on ground. His stats tell the story: 33 disposals (12 contested) and 4 goals for a player in his second year of AFL footy. His ability to read the play, fend off opponents, hit targets and represent a signficant threat around goal have made some question why he slipped all the way to 3 in the 2009 draft. Jack continued his good form this year in an understated performance. He took some trademark contested marks and ended up with a bag of 5 goals for the match. Add 2 goal assists to that and Riewoldt's role in the Tiger victory is clear. It was a disciplined, intelligent display from a passionate Tiger and stuck it up the fickle media who have portrayed him as selfish and petulant. Trent Cotchin also featured in the voting this week as he remains the Tigers #1 contested possession winner in the guts. His footy smarts and evasion in traffic are a sight to behold and he has now moved into the lead in the PREmier Fighting Tiger polls for 2011. Robin Nahas also continued his good form and was an important cog in the victory, especially in the final quarter when the game was there to be won. Although he is small and occasionally tries to do too much his link play through the middle kept the Tigers going forward throughout the match.

Overall, we now see 4 Tigers have broken away from the pack after 5 rounds and every Tiger fan would be pleased to see the names Cotchin, Deledio, Riewoldt and Martin so dominant in the early rounds of 2011. These 4 players are the nucleus of the reborn Tigers and their early form is encouraging for things to come.

This week sees the Tigers take on the struggling Lions at the 'G on Saturday night. Although not to be taken lightly, this is certainly a winnable match and I look forward to cheering the Tigers on to their second victory of 2011.

If anyone is interested in providing a report for that match, let me know and I will include it next week.

Carn' the Tiges!

Re: 2011 PREmier Fighting Tiger Award - Round 5 vs North Melbourne - RESULTS POSTED

Great work yet again thanks Panthera. Interesting how the cream has risen to the top so early. Newmo is down the list a bit. I reckon he'd be a lot higher in the coaches votes. Understandably so when they can vote for every player rather than selecting their top 3.

A word to others-

Panthera does a wonderful job for us on this thread. It's an absolute asset to PRE. It's a bit disappointing he's also writing the game reports. Maybe the high standard he sets intimidates others but that shouldn't be the case. It would be great if others could put their hands up to write one report themselves. We'd all love to read things from other PREnders perspective and it would also lighten Panthera's workload.

Any volunteers?

Re: 2011 PREmier Fighting Tiger Award - Round 5 vs North Melbourne - RESULTS POSTED

I'm happy to have a crack at the Freeo game week after next if it is not spoken for...

lukeanddad said:
I'm happy to have a crack at the Freeo game week after next if it is not spoken for...

I've got that one LaD, mainly because when the Tiges are playing a WA team is the only time I can gaurantee to see the game free to air.

The full list is here if you want to pick another.

http://www.puntroadend.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=42419.0

Re: 2011 PREmier Fighting Tiger Award - Round 6 vs Brisbane - VOTE HERE

3-Foley
2-Martin
1-Rance

Was going to give the 1 to Nahas but wanted to include a backman.

3.Foley
2. Nahas
1. Martin

3- Nahas - did it all, has tank, provided an option non-stop and was very good defensively.

2- Foley - ball magnet, just needs to work on disposal a little

1- Grimes - wow, showing hes a smart footballer

Also -

Martin - wow great first half
Rance, best game i've seen him play.