1974 Premiership Reunion | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

1974 Premiership Reunion

tigermike

Tiger Superstar
Apr 6, 2014
Some great photos on the RFC website of these premiership players and officials from 1974. I can recognise some of those pictured but wonder if we can post the photos on here for PRE members to caption? I'll contact the club to see if they can do it for us. Photos will be copyright so could not post them here I presume.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 users
Nice. The '74 premiership was what got me following the Tiges. When Brendon Lack in grade 4 asked me who I supported in the VFL, the only team name I knew was Richmond, 'cos they had just won the flag.

To think - I could have been following North Melbourne all this time. :help

• Wow
Reactions: 3 users
Some great photos on the RFC website of these premiership players and officials from 1974. I can recognise some of those pictured but wonder if we can post the photos on here for PRE members to caption? I'll contact the club to see if they can do it for us. Photos will be copyright so could not post them here I presume.
Few below 70 years, maybe Bryan Wood. I'd love to have the names on the photos to help me with a few. I was 15/16 for the back to back and I love all these guys. They were sensational.

The greatest of them all, KB, with the calm of Yoda looking so little like a VFL champ.

I was in awe of Balmy and Clokey . Scary as all hell. Royce was simply Royce.

St Francis always so humble. What a lineup.

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
In my spare time I’m a mime artist that does balloon animals and was called in to the club do some of my act for the night.
Took some photos while I was there.

IMG_2636.jpeg

IMG_2637.jpeg

IMG_2638.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: 1 user
Thanks for your photos Seven.
Ok, I'll have a go...
Top photo L to R -
Back Row : ? , Neil Balme, David Cloke, ? .
Front Row: Ian Wilson (Pres.) , K.B. , Maureen Hafey, Bryan Wood, Royce Hart, Gareth Andrews, Barry Richardson, Francis Bourke, ? , ? .

Middle Photo: L to R - St Francis, K.B., Gareth A.

Bottom Photo: L to R - Royce, Woody, Clokey, ? , Gareth A.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Top photo from left to right:
Merv Keane, Ian Wilson, Neil Balme, Kevin Bartlett, Maureen Hafey, Brian Wood, David Cloke, (unknown), (unknown), (unknown), Barry Richardson, Francis Bourke, (unknown), (unknown)

Top photo right of David Cloke

David Thorpe, Cameron Clayton, Gareth Andrews, Barry Richardson, Francis Bourke, Kevin Morris, Daryl Cumming(Most Likely)