1, 3, 5, ..9? The odd win | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

1, 3, 5, ..9? The odd win

billyb#40

Tiger Superstar
Sep 19, 2004
We've had nice wins vs Fremantle, Sydney, Collingwood and play GWS next
A moment in time but it's been a great run for the Tigers
What's next, where do we go from here.
Six teams are history for 2015, GC, Brisbane, Carlton, Melbourne , Saints, Bombers are gone.
Port are a loss v Sydney from mothballs with them, if they aren't already shot.
GWS if we beat them are also gone, have lost their rudders
North would have to implode to miss the final eight, their remaining draw is very friendly
We're locked into a battle with the Dogs, Pies, Crows and Cats for three spots
I expect we'll get there with the Pies and Doggies and of course North

Go Tiges

Don't discount Carlton, Melbourne, St kilda And Essendon just yet. If the Tigers can make finals from 3-10, then surely one of those teams can make it too.

TOT70 said:
Don't discount Carlton, Melbourne, St kilda And Essendon just yet. If the Tigers can make finals from 3-10, then surely one of those teams can make it too.

True, but what we did last year had never been done before, and will probably never be done again......

Having said that, anything can happen......that's the beauty of this game

what we did last year won't happen again, when we won that 1st of 9, we were 5 games out + % & needed 5 teams to fall over, which is what happened. if we drop one of those games we'd have missed out. such an even season, especially in the middle of the ladder it only takes 1 team to win a game they should lose & it's too late. we were bloody lucky

Jetboy said:
True, but what we did last year had never been done before, and will probably never be done again......

Having said that, anything can happen......that's the beauty of this game
It'll be done again, that's what records are for, to be broken, but I think ours will stand for a while, and none of the teams named are capable of doing it.

Where do we go from here?

Improve our recent record on the MCG is the absolute priority.

It would be great if we could beat North in round 23 and then beat geelong in week 1.