Welcome to Richmond - Jayden Short | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to Richmond - Jayden Short

Has turned into a nothing player. None of his disposal is damaging in any way. Started becoming obvious last year when he'd just kick high and long everytime, just because he can, but to not one in particular.

Reactions: 4 users
When times get tough i.e. when you play in losing sides.

You find out the fortitude of players and true worth. At any level.

Unless it is injury causing it. We are now finding out the depth of Short's shortcomings. And it is deeper than a *smile* trough when Leysy goes.

Will say it again. He is setting a poor example, can't defend 1 on 1. Cheap kicks. Always going to ground.

Polar opposite compared to the Prince, Broad, Floss etc.

If we are looking to trade a defensive half player, this guy is it.

Reactions: 21 users
Short has always been exploited in 1 on 1's as that is where his biggest diffiency was. He won his position by his run and carry, kicking goals and setting them up.

He isn't doing that now. It isn't all his fault as he doesn't have good players around him at this time nor good forward targets to kick to, but due to this, he is simply ineffective and getting smashed by his opponent.

Reactions: 1 users
Id rather have Kaleb Smith out there making mistakes than our well compensated vice captain right now. You can still set an example of what’s acceptable at the selection table no matter how many players we have available.

Reactions: 6 users
Never been the same since he was first moved away from the back flank and they tried to reinvent him. Total fail. Carrying injury atm.

IMO, never been the same since getting that fat contract.

Used to be a fan, but that stopped a couple of years back :(

I'd keep him in the side.
Senior players have to lead.

Atm his role is taken by The Prince, who does it better and with more aggression and desire to win and desire to compete.
But Short can be 70% of Rioli.
And he can earn his pay.

Lets get Dan in the middle, Shai forward and Shorty back.
And Bakes in to support all 3

Short has seemingly lost his mojo of the last two seasons and reverted to his unaccountable style of a few seasons back. No idea why but maybe he needs some Emma Murray work on him. Mind you so does most of his teammates