Welcome Noah Cumberland | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome Noah Cumberland

Looks more technical to me - run up had no momentum and ball drop/balance hideous

I was watching him in the warm up and it looks like he has a different ball drop for kicking set shots than when he is field kicking.
His field kicking he guides the ball nicely onto his foot but his set shots he sort of just drops the ball mid air.

Reactions: 1 users
I was watching him in the warm up and it looks like he has a different ball drop for kicking set shots than when he is field kicking.
His field kicking he guides the ball nicely onto his foot but his set shots he sort of just drops the ball mid air.

Too many players seem to do this, the long ball drop on set shots is terrible. Look at Taylor Walker, guides the ball to his foot, he has a very good technique.

DS

Reactions: 3 users
We shouldn’t try to change his technique too much as the change is not working for him
He’s 23yo who got this far with his old technique too much tinkering brings about confusion and missed kicks
Gryan Miers from the Pussies has the worst technique I’ve seen but he makes it effectual no need to change for change sake

Last edited:
We shouldn’t try to change his technique too much as the change is not working for him
He’s 23yo who got this far with his old technique too much tinkering brings about confusion and missed kicks
Gryan Miers from the Pussies has the worst technique I’ve seen but he makes it effectual no need to change for change sake
Agree. I had no issue with his technique and actually liked the little skip. He was flushing them when his confidence was up. Josh Kennedy had the stutter approach but he was deadly. We shouldn't look to change his natural game.

Reactions: 2 users
Agree. I had no issue with his technique and actually liked the little skip. He was flushing them when his confidence was up. Josh Kennedy had the stutter approach but he was deadly. We shouldn't look to change his natural game.
I do not care if he faces the backline and kicks goals over his head.Our forward line needs all the help it can get.

Shitful night of footy n only limited opportunities but the Cummerbund dressed up nicely for the game. Brought some effort n liveliness to the forward half n got some reward as well. Just want the coaches to keep pushing games into him, he's another one we need to actually get 50 games into in a hurry.

Reactions: 5 users
Shitful night of footy n only limited opportunities but the Cummerbund dressed up nicely for the game. Brought some effort n liveliness to the forward half n got some reward as well. Just want the coaches to keep pushing games into him, he's another one we need to actually get 50 games into in a hurry.
Dare I say it, showed a bit of ‘vibrancy’.

Multiple goals in his first full game. Really should have had 3 or 4 . How many times have Campbell rioli and Mansell kicked multiple goals in their 20 odd games this season?

Reactions: 3 users
Dare I say it, showed a bit of ‘vibrancy’.
FMD if that was vibrancy happening then Lennon never had any.

Think I've almost figured out what it is that I like about the Cummerbund's game. Young blokes a scrounger, just able to find a little bit of something you might need. Doesn't seem to be overly gifted in any aspect of the game, but he somehow seems to be able to give an educated nudge, step sideways, sneak into a hole, pivot n scramble and somehow find or create a half chance or two that means he is always dangerous in the forward half.
Hopefully over the last year or two they've managed to build him some tank and taught him some defensive work ethic to go with his natural game, now we just gotta push another 20 or 30 games into him n try to get it all put together.

Gets to the rights spots in offence regularly and can create enough space to be damaging quickly.

But that isn’t new news.

Just needs massive confidence injection and a someone to get in his head to focus on what he can do when the match isn’t going his way.

Reactions: 1 user
Multiple goals in his first full game. Really should have had 3 or 4 . How many times have Campbell rioli and Mansell kicked multiple goals in their 20 odd games this season?

Campbell hasn't kicked a goal in his last 7 games. Mansell has kicked 2 in his last 5.

Gets to the rights spots in offence regularly and can create enough space to be damaging quickly.

But that isn’t new news.

Just needs massive confidence injection and a someone to get in his head to focus on what he can do when the match isn’t going his way.
How can you play with confidence and your natural game when you are made to feel you’re only playing one game and if you don’t do well you’re facing delisting?

Reactions: 1 user