WCE v Richmond Lathlain Park 7 Oct 2022 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

WCE v Richmond Lathlain Park 7 Oct 2022

Egan has been another great pick up. Egan and pick 38 for pick 18 is good trading.

Reactions: 3 users
Nice game by Grace. Dempsey. Sheerin.

It’s an indictment on the club however that a) Molan was recruited and b) we keep trying to play her. Smacks of desperate face saving.

Zero possessions. Just end it - not just for the club’s sake but for her.

• Sad
Reactions: 1 user
Five in a row, up to 5th but equal top on points :clap1

Bloos next Friday at Ikon Park, 6.30pm.

1665140008922.png

It’s an indictment on the club however that a) Molan was recruited and b) we keep trying to play her. Smacks of desperate face saving.

Zero possessions. Just end it - not just for the club’s sake but for her.
Bewildering, just 1 tackle.

Zero possessions.

Grace did really well in the end. Probably wasn't her night in the contest (this is usually her strength), as she got caught a number of times with the ball, but great to see her ignore that, push forward and kick the last 2 goals of the game. She's been a terrific pickup, and she's adding to Contis game.

Molan I agree but she did spend half the game today in the rooms (probably should have stayed there for the whole game haha). She's awful. When she runs it looks like her legs are stuck in concrete, and she's slow of mind too. Rubbish pick and we shouldn't be playing her but on the other hand, we do have a lot of injuries. I don't actually think with have another fit midfielder that can run through there.

Go Tiges decent win
nice couple of goals by Egan in the last
bunch of good players tonight - Yassir Conti Seymour Sheerin Dempsey

Grace did really well in the end. Probably wasn't her night in the contest (this is usually her strength), as she got caught a number of times with the ball, but great to see her ignore that, push forward and kick the last 2 goals of the game. She's been a terrific pickup, and she's adding to Contis game.

Molan I agree but she did spend half the game today in the rooms (probably should have stayed there for the whole game haha). She's awful. When she runs it looks like her legs are stuck in concrete, and she's slow of mind too. Rubbish pick and we shouldn't be playing her but on the other hand, we do have a lot of injuries. I don't actually think with have another fit midfielder that can run through there.
I don’t care.

ANYONE is a better option than Molan such is her total inadequacy at this level. It’s cringeworthy to watch.

Enough is enough.

There's 5 on the bench. Conti and Egan essentially don't rest. We saw with Brisbane and Neale that rotating mids off is a bit of a fallacy and the AFLW is a shorter game. I'd keep her off unless we run out of troops. The problem is is that they try and play her on the wing which requires a lot of 2-way running which clearly she doesn't have. I'm tipping she'll be gone at season's end however.

Yep, nice win in the end. We were the far superior team and should have had the game in hand earlier.

I've been saying all season that the big improvement is in defence and our defence was good again. It was nice to see the WCE players hassled every time they got near the ball, some good pressure.

But what I noticed tonight was more attempts to deliver it forward with purpose, more looking for better options. Not every time, and still too many bombs forward, but signs that they are working on this. Add to that the effort to keep the ball in our 50 was far better.

Given the long list of injuries we currently have this is a good team. Add in a few of the missing players, Brennan, Hosking et al and we are looking pretty good. I think a few of the injured players will help with the problems we have with tall opponents, our team just looks like it needs more height a lot of the time.

Carlton have dropped but I still reckon they will be a challenge next week, at their dump too. Hope we can notch up win 6 in a row.

DS

Besides all the obvious stuff and the fact we have Miller, Cordner, Shevlin,Skip, SHosking , Burchall and Kelly out , I actually thought there was a couple of decent signs from McDonald and Puddle Duck Woods , both look to be growing in confidence.

Lynch and Cox are a couple of beauty tough back pockets

Reactions: 2 users
Besides all the obvious stuff and the fact we have Miller, Cordner, Shevlin,Skip, SHosking , Burchall and Kelly out , I actually thought there was a couple of decent signs from McDonald and Puddle Duck Woods , both look to be growing in confidence.

Lynch and Cox are a couple of beauty tough back pockets
How good is Lynch. Tough as and takes no *smile*. Well parented those kids.

Reactions: 3 users