Thomson Dow | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Thomson Dow

Second half he attaked to the footy at clearance better instead of just focusing on his man i feel hes been overcoached a little after the smashing from rowell rd zero. Just needs to hunt the ball

Reactions: 1 users
Can’t play through the midfield and give you opponent 2 metre start all the time
Ridiculous last night

Reactions: 2 users
Was absolutely destroyed at CB in the first quarter. Beaten after that.

Lifted his defence as the game wore on and finally stuck one lousy tackle.

20D, game-leading 9 GBG, 1Turnover, 7 Clearance (inc 4CC), 6 SI.

We don't get access to the numbers that show he leaked at least five SI to the other team. He is the most one-way player in the history of the game right now. But his offensive value is improving and is the subject of his development.

That I50 kick. He learned to do that in the magoos last year. He hasn't been showing it in the ones as yet. He can kick - sometimes. And he's learning dangerous areas.

What can he be? This bloke is an impact change mid in the making. Will he get there? He's going to get every chance.

yeah we need to be viewing these kids through different goggles over the next 5 years.

they need to be giving us $250K a year worth of cartilage,

be adequate and accept 2 year deals.

he's better value than Mate Colina and Shaun Hampson combined.

adequate, cheap, and selfless is all we need out of 10 blokes on the list for 3-4 years.

its a win:win. they end up with a house or a pub and a lifelong friendship with a good orthopaedic surgeon,

we process the rich ore of the draft.

instead of the tailings we've been sieving for a decade.

Reactions: 1 users
1 thing we are really struggling with is transition through the midfield. Ie. keeping hold of the footy when we have it. You can see it in the sheer disparity of uncontested possessions and uncontested marks but is even more apparent with your eyes.

Dow is actually fairly good at winning the hardball, but provides us next to nothing in transition. He doesn't create space to provide a marking option for us to control the ball. If you are a mid that can't be involved in transition (look at his uncontested possessions as an example) then you are cactus in this game.

Reactions: 4 users

We don't get access to the numbers that show he leaked at least five SI to the other team. He is the most one-way player in the history of the game right now. But his offensive value is improving and is the subject of his development.

That I50 kick. He learned to do that in the magoos last year. He hasn't been showing it in the ones as yet. He can kick - sometimes. And he's learning dangerous areas.

What can he be? This bloke is an impact change mid in the making. Will he get there? He's going to get every chance.
Love your optimistic take but Dow is the least effective midfielder I ever seen in my time watching the game.

I understand why he is and will continue to get a game but we have to do better if we want to improve.

Reactions: 4 users
he's below average at best, but he just might be the mid we need right now, our list is *smile* enough for him to keep his spot in the ones. and he's *smile* enough to help clock up the losses, in order for us to get the blue chip draft picks we so desperately need. will be one of the first replaced when those blue chippers start to play though

Love your optimistic take but Dow is the least effective midfielder I ever seen in my time watching the game.

I understand why he is and will continue to get a game but we have to do better if we want to improve.
He peaks at impact change mid, IMO, TF. If he gets there. Got no attention from the Bears. That said he did improve.

Reactions: 1 user
He'd be a reasonable asset as the 6 to 8 number through the midfield rotations. Unfortunately injuries demand that he play as a top 3 mid n that's simply way to big a task. Nothing to be done about it except suck it up n pray for help.

Can’t believe the abysmal metres gained for him. You have to be able to chase and tackle. Has good clearance hands - that’s it. Imagine Horne Francis playing on him. That’s who you are up against

Can’t believe the abysmal metres gained for him. You have to be able to chase and tackle. Has good clearance hands - that’s it. Imagine Horne Francis playing on him. That’s who you are up against

Thats the thing and a good stat to show the only time he gets possession is when he wins it at the coalface, when we have the ball and need to transition he is invisible which is why those metres gained stats are so low, the time when he can move the ball forward he's never in a position to receive it. He's very very one dimensional.

Reactions: 3 users
Thats the thing and a good stat to show the only time he gets possession is when he wins it at the coalface, when we have the ball and need to transition he is invisible which is why those metres gained stats are so low, the time when he can move the ball forward he's never in a position to receive it. He's very very one dimensional.
He is not a 2 way runner like Prestia, if he doesn't have the ball he is super ineffective.

Reactions: 1 user

Impact mid lolz I watched an impact mid in Perth tonight sheesh.