AFLW Brisbane v Richmond Qualifying Final 5 November 2022 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

AFLW Brisbane v Richmond Qualifying Final 5 November 2022

You must return the ball to the player who was awarded the free kick, and that player is . . . oh haven't been told who gets the free but I know it is for a Brisbane player and one of them is asking for it, better not hold up the game or it will be a 50m penalty.

Are you seriously saying you haven't seen players in this situation pointing to the opposition player and checking with the umpire as to who the ball needs to go to before they throw it back? It happens many, many times in every single game and has for about 30 years. And never once has a 50m penalty been paid when it is done reasonably.

Seriously, 'but I didn't know who it was' is about the lamest rationale possible. If only there was someone close by to ask.........

Well I couldn’t help myself. I went and checked the Sydney game day thread. Seems some us will argue strongly we want common sense applied when it benefits us and also argue strongly against it when it doesn’t. I’m sure I’ve been guilty of this myself at some stage too.

When you drill down through enough umpiring discussions you quickly realise the stance of the over the top critics is essentially I want every decision to benefit Richmond, otherwise it is wrong.