29/09 V The Frockers | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

29/09 V The Frockers

Umpires are awful and have been for such a long time.

Egan must be wondering what she need to do to get a free. She's being held every time before she gets near the ball, and to rub it in was that HTB free paid against her at the end of the 3rd.

Disappointing loss at Puke-On Park.......get back to the real home ground.

Greiser's hopeless.

Started too slow, left too much to do.

Yeah a 20 point lead at half time, is equivalent to a 6 goal lead in the mens due to the lower scoring. Its tough to get back from that position.

I reckon we were set up wrong in the 1st quarter, we had to go in far too tall due to not having fit players and losing Sarah Hosking isn't going to help with that either. With Woods in the side, we needed Brennan higher up the ground like she played in the 3rd but was too deep and never in the game in the 1st half, we were outrun in the 1st half I felt.

Reactions: 3 users
Worst performance since we’ve been a good team , thought the girls were a bit second to the ball and a bit hesitant.

I see the Pies play the Bombers at Punt rd this morning , Intresting playing on grand final day

Umpires are awful and have been for such a long time.

Egan must be wondering what she need to do to get a free. She's being held every time before she gets near the ball, and to rub it in was that HTB free paid against her at the end of the 3rd.
Still gave us 17 frees to nine?

Still gave us 17 frees to nine?
Yes and we should have had more! Freo obviously used Adelaide’s blueprint from earlier this season and attacked the player with the ball very physically. We did get about 3 downfield free’s but Freo really planted that seed of doubt in our players minds and then we started not getting clean ball and then congestion ….. and more physicality. Made us look a bit timid and also caused slow ball movement.

Worst performance since we’ve been a good team , thought the girls were a bit second to the ball and a bit hesitant.

I see the Pies play the Bombers at Punt rd this morning , Intresting playing on grand final day
Commentators did mention we seemed happy to concede first possession, then tackle, rather than win the ball at stoppage.
Problem being if you don't stick the tackle, you're always chasing.

Yes and we should have had more! Freo obviously used Adelaide’s blueprint from earlier this season and attacked the player with the ball very physically. We did get about 3 downfield free’s but Freo really planted that seed of doubt in our players minds and then we started not getting clean ball and then congestion ….. and more physicality. Made us look a bit timid and also caused slow ball movement.
Teams seem to want to beat up Conti, especially with McKenzie out, stop Conti, stop Richmond, didn't help that Grace Egan had a shocker as well.