2023 Draft Thread. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2023 Draft Thread.

Logan Morris had a few fans here (spook, Leysy, Smokin aka The Three Wise Men, among others) and a few haters. Not naming names, you know who you are!

Played VFL on Sunday arvo, went to Maccas for a barbecue Angus meal, six nuggets and a frappe on his way to the Gabba, where he was meant to be emergency. Injury in the warm-up meant he was promoted to sub, then he's activated early in the first when McCarthy does his knee. Plays in borrowed boots a size too small, kicks 1.3 (should have kicked 3 goals really), looks like he belongs. Turns 19 on Friday. Great story.
Patronise one of the afl’s major sponsors, tell everyone what you ordered. That guarantees you a game immediately.
It just proves the afl have too much control

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
Patronise one of the afl’s major sponsors, tell everyone what you ordered. That guarantees you a game immediately.
If that was the case, I would've debuted years ago.

Double quarter meal, 6 nuggets, zero coke.

*Double cheeseburger if super hungry.

Still maintain, that the less you eat Maccas, the better it is.

Calsher Dear looked terrific in his debut. 18yo. Very nice type.

I know someone at the Dawks, they are amazed at how far he has improved from December to now.

And they rate McCabe as vastly superior to Dear, if it wasn't for the back, internally they had McCabe pinged as a third tall defender very early.

Interesting take on the super junk foods, scoop. I think you're spot on about the benefit of gratification delay. I would add that a quarter is peak straight off the hot plate. These are rare beasts that can no longer be ordered as a "quarter grill", sadly. You just have to get lucky.
I know someone at the Dawks, they are amazed at how far he has improved from December to now.

And they rate McCabe as vastly superior to Dear, if it wasn't for the back, internally they had McCabe pinged as a third tall defender very early.
Interesting info on McCabe, scoop. It would be pretty hard for Hawthorn to not play a sound McCabe. Hopefully he comes good soon and we can see for ourselves. He profiles as easily at the level for Hawthorn even as an 18yo.

Between O'Sullivan, Croft, McCabe, Murphy, even Will Dawson and perhaps Schoenmaker there is quite the strew of talls who may be defenders from the 2023 super draft. And then there's Curtin who may be a defender and may also be tall. Time will tell.

Dear is a bolter, isn't he? Surprising debut. It's not much of a sample but not many debut at 18yo. Classy mover. Went 56 in his draft? Not fancied.

Reactions: 1 user

I worked at Maccas as a 15/16-year-old. Knock-off meal was two quarter-pounders (freshly made), large fries, large cup filled with medium Fanta, topped off with Sprite (my own concoction), and a chocolate sundae. After pilfering nuggets all shift. And I was still rake-thin.

• Haha
I worked at Maccas as a 15/16-year-old. Knock-off meal was two quarter-pounders (freshly made), large fries, large cup filled with medium Fanta, topped off with Sprite (my own concoction), and a chocolate sundae. After pilfering nuggets all shift. And I was still rake-thin.
never eaten that septic *smile* in my life & I'm a fat *smile*

go figure

• Haha
Logan Morris had a few fans here (spook, Leysy, Smokin aka The Three Wise Men, among others) and a few haters. Not naming names, you know who you are!

Played VFL on Sunday arvo, went to Maccas for a barbecue Angus meal, six nuggets and a frappe on his way to the Gabba, where he was meant to be emergency. Injury in the warm-up meant he was promoted to sub, then he's activated early in the first when McCarthy does his knee. Plays in borrowed boots a size too small, kicks 1.3 (should have kicked 3 goals really), looks like he belongs. Turns 19 on Friday. Great story.
Yeah great effort. Shows a good pre game diet is overrated.

Freijah has been steadily building his numbers at VFL level. Maybe second best winger prospect (after Windsor) in the 2023 draft? Maybe Shoenmaker next if he is actually a winger.

Freijah turns 19 in November. He is a child and this is another very early debut from the 2023 draft. Super yet?

I'm very interested to watch Freijah. Should be suited at Footscray.

BTW Schoenmaker is building his numbers too. Billy Wilson got 27 last week rebuilding after concussion.

Freijah has been steadily building his numbers at VFL level. Maybe second best winger prospect (after Windsor) in the 2023 draft? Maybe Shoenmaker next if he is actually a winger.

Freijah turns 19 in November. He is a child and this is another very early debut from the 2023 draft. Super yet?

I'm very interested to watch Freijah. Should be suited at Footscray.

BTW Schoenmaker is building his numbers too. Billy Wilson got 27 last week rebuilding after concussion.
On the way home the radio said Joel Fraser will make his debut against the Tigers this week, I had no idea it was Freijah.

• Haha