MRP | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

MRP

Bloody funny isn't it. We have a women's AFL competition where a large % of the players openly have same sex partners. Yet in the men's comp the players are still hiding in the closet because the homophobia n slurs are still rampant. Beyond time that the little boys grew up n dealt with a touch of reality.
Clarko got off way to light, three weeks for the first player then five weeks for the second one. Reckon the third in line might need a fearsome kicking for rank stupidity.
Now if only the AFL would get fair dinkum about the jumper punches n gut punches n other gutless sniping *smile*, we'd no longer have anything to talk about.

Reactions: 3 users
As Jimmy Bartel said tonight on the radio, 2 are stupidity tax. If you're too stupid to figure out from Finlayson's suspension that this isn't acceptable, you deserve what you get
So if someone dangerous tackles a player this week and gets suspended for 3 weeks does a player who dangerous tackles next week get 5 weeks?

Reactions: 2 users
I think the inconsistency point is well made. I don’t have an issue with stamping out homophonic slurs in the game, the same as we have stamped out racial slurs, but to get 5 weeks at the MRP these days for an incident on the field you would have to do something seriously bad.

This young fella at the suns needs educating, evidently his social media is peppered with some stuff as well, but perspective and consistency is also important.

It feels like the AFL is making it up as they go, which of course is one thing that is consistent.

Reactions: 4 users
I think the inconsistency point is well made. I don’t have an issue with stamping out homophonic slurs in the game, the same as we have stamped out racial slurs, but to get 5 weeks at the MRP these days for an incident on the field you would have to do something seriously bad.

This young fella at the suns needs educating, evidently his social media is peppered with some stuff as well, but perspective and consistency is also important.

It feels like the AFL is making it up as they go, which of course is one thing that is consistent.
It doesn’t feel like, Sin. They ARE making it up as they go. It’s how they run the game now.

Reactions: 1 user
So if someone dangerous tackles a player this week and gets suspended for 3 weeks does a player who dangerous tackles next week get 5 weeks?
Slight difference in that tackling a player is not just a legal action within the game, it's a requisite function of the game. All players are expected to within the heat and intensity of a contest to enact the tackle as carefully and safely as possible. There's leeway and understanding that things can go wrong in a millisecond during the tackle, so it's an attempt to minimise the ferocity, carelessness of the tackling action.

As for the homophobic or race based insults, they're just simply banned and unacceptable, so nothing more than a matter of STFU and say nothing or get your arse kicked for pure stupidity.

Atkins deliberate trip/kick to Horne Francis ignored by umps should’ve been free 20m from goal
Let’s see if MRO does anything about it

Reactions: 1 users
When I played football I once called out to a player whilst he was shooting for goal.your mother wears Russian army boots.He missed.Wonder what penalty I would get today ?

Does Derm think Powell using the slur was ok?
Yeah, he reckons it happens often for young, naive players. Something that always amazes me with racism, sexism, uglyism, whateverism is how generations just carry it on. I can see it already in a toddler when it comes to uglyism as they stare at me for a few seconds....